The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

2013/14 Gap Year Students Starting in September 2014 - University of Lincoln

After finishing Creative Media at college last year, I decided to take a gap year and work full time in order to raise funds to cover the cost of my first year student accommodation.

I'm now all set to start at Lincoln in September in which I'm doing a BA in Film and Television. I've put down Brayford Quay as first choice for accommodation.

Is anyone else taking a gap year during this academic year and starting Lincoln in September?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm currently on a gap year, planning on studying Psychology in September :smile:. But I'm not definitely going here as this will most probably be my insurance choice.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
i didnt do a gap year, but i did re-sit a 6th form year, so i'll be applyinga year older than most others and from the same year as you :smile:
I didn't take a gap year but I am gonna be older than a lot of people, what with being 20 now...

And Film and TV at Lincoln is my insurance for if I don't get onto my firm of Media Production. So either way chances are we'll probably see each other around campus. (I'll be the one with the big ol' beard and shaved head. :P)
Reply 4
Original post by Daniel is I
After finishing Creative Media at college last year, I decided to take a gap year and work full time in order to raise funds to cover the cost of my first year student accommodation.

I'm now all set to start at Lincoln in September in which I'm doing a BA in Film and Television. I've put down Brayford Quay as first choice for accommodation.

Is anyone else taking a gap year during this academic year and starting Lincoln in September?

Yeah i'm in Australia at the moment, coming to study Law and Criminology in September Brayford is my first choice and then Park Court:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AlyshaE95
Yeah i'm in Australia at the moment, coming to study Law and Criminology in September Brayford is my first choice and then Park Court:smile:

Australia?! That's awesome! And I've put Brayford and Park Court as my first and second choice too :')
Reply 6
Original post by itsdiddlingtime
I didn't take a gap year but I am gonna be older than a lot of people, what with being 20 now...

And Film and TV at Lincoln is my insurance for if I don't get onto my firm of Media Production. So either way chances are we'll probably see each other around campus. (I'll be the one with the big ol' beard and shaved head. :P)

I'll be looking out for you :wink: My friend is in his third year of Media Production and I know that with the optional modules in the second and third year, some are the same offered to students doing Film & TV!
Reply 7
Original post by A.Kenny
i didnt do a gap year, but i did re-sit a 6th form year, so i'll be applyinga year older than most others and from the same year as you :smile:

Sweet. What are you studying? :smile:
Didn't take a gap year in the truest sense, I worked for 3 years and will be starting in September in virtual old age (24!) so would be very glad for a few friends who are a bit older than the majority! Will be studying Journalism and Public Relations :smile:.
Reply 9
Original post by Daniel is I
Sweet. What are you studying? :smile:

Business Management :smile: you?
I took a gap year 2 years ago, came to Anglia Ruskin University and now I am leaving and starting again in September. So by the time I start I will be nearly 21. Anyone close to my age at all?
Reply 11
I'm on a gap year! Also raising funds for uni ^_^
I'll be studying English BA, still deciding between Lincoln and Winchester at the moment, although Lincoln's looking pretty likely :smile:
I'm on a gap year, just got back from 6 months travelling round Africa, South East Asia and India! I'll be studying Psychology in September :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by AlyshaE95

I'm from Australia too! I honestly didn't think that there would be anyone from Australia at Lincoln! I'm studying Art Conservation and Restoration, so I don't think our courses will overlap haha
I am currently doing a foundation art and design so will start at 19. Will be doing contemporary Lens media in September
Reply 15
Original post by michoproductions
I took a gap year 2 years ago, came to Anglia Ruskin University and now I am leaving and starting again in September. So by the time I s
tart I will be nearly 21. Anyone close to my age at all?

I'll be 22 in August :smile:. I've taken a four year gap year..if that even coins? Haha
I took a gap year! working in a creative agency. I've Just firmed my Lincoln choice to study Creative Advertising in Sept!

Quick Reply

Latest