The Student Room Group

Which is your favourite Harry Potter book?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muf_mur
OT: How many times have you read the whole set? For me must be more than 5 times

3 times. I do it once every year.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
3 times. I do it once every year.

Same
Half Blood Price.
Reply 23
I think I`ve read the whole set atleast 10 times lol:biggrin:
Its one of the few series you can never get tired of reading again and again
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! But I think my favourite character may be Professor Slughorn so I love the Half-Blood Prince as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
It's a toss-up between Prisoner of Azkaban and the Goblet of Fire :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has to be Deathly Hallows, Goblet of Fire or Order of the Phoenix

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
is there anybody who once slapped a friend with a duster because that person outrageously suggested harry potter books are BORING? :tongue:

ps: i was 11 and after intense therapy now am deemed fit to live in a society!
My favourite is Goblet of Fire​.
Reply 29
For me it will always be half-blood prince, I love it soooo much and think that it is really exciting.

there is also Draco Malfoy, this one makes me feel so sorry for him.
The first book anyway, namely the philosophers stone, but after Harry Potter was commercialized I have lost my interest. To be honest it was the only book which I have ever (halfway) read... nevertheless it fascinated me.
Philosopher's stone holds a special place because it's where the story begins and Harry begins his journey.

I do enjoy all of them except the section in 'Goblet of Fire' where Hermione invented SPEW - that over dominated the book for me.
I'm re-reading them all currently once again but I've come to the conclusion it's The Order of the Phoenix, the first 4 are basically set completely in the school with the exception of the World Cup and it's only from The Order of the Phoenix that Rowling's World opens up completely beyond Hogwarts and you begin to see how much is actually going on. Plus, as mention a number of characters suddenly become a lot more prominent, such as Luna (although the Lovegoods do get a mention in Goblet it's nothing beyond a name) and Ginny becomes a main character too. It also, I'd say, blurs a lot of the lines between the 'good' and 'evil' characters when you see how characters in good roles can so horribly abuse their positions. Just my thoughts but it was actually my least favourite the first time I'd read them all but it's become my favourite over the years just through the level of detail and breadth it adds to the world.

/thoughts
half blood prince

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending