EmilyLouise1993x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hiya,

I have an interview for adult nursing this month for York!

has anyone had an interview for this and what sort of questions do they ask?

Would be grateful for your answers x
MikeWallis
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey,

I had my interview at York a few weeks ago.

The whole day is pretty chilled out and relaxed. Staff were all really friendly.

The interview itself was pretty standard. The group test is just the usual sit around in a group and discuss a random subject. A chance to see how you work in a group.

As for the individual interveiws. I actually cant give too many details as they had three sets of interviewers on my day to speed things up. Besides the obvious 'why do you want to be a nurse' etc questions it seems that each set of interviewers asked different questions!!

Just prepare as you would for any other Nursing interview. Make sure you read up on the Uni, the course and nursing in general. You'll be fine.

I thought I completely messed up my individual interview but then got an offer this weekend!!

Good luck
beck95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MikeWallis)
Hey,

I had my interview at York a few weeks ago.

The whole day is pretty chilled out and relaxed. Staff were all really friendly.

The interview itself was pretty standard. The group test is just the usual sit around in a group and discuss a random subject. A chance to see how you work in a group.

As for the individual interveiws. I actually cant give too many details as they had three sets of interviewers on my day to speed things up. Besides the obvious 'why do you want to be a nurse' etc questions it seems that each set of interviewers asked different questions!!

Just prepare as you would for any other Nursing interview. Make sure you read up on the Uni, the course and nursing in general. You'll be fine.

I thought I completely messed up my individual interview but then got an offer this weekend!!

Good luck
I have my interview in a couple of weeks so thanks also for this Mike! =)
beck95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could you give me any tips on what they may ask in the group interview, and is it just general questions in the individual like roles of a nurse/qualities etc? thanks x
MikeWallis
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey ,

I've done two group interviews in the past month and they're not 'roles of a nurse, qualities... Etc' type questions. That comes in an individual interview.

The group interviews, as far as I'm concerned (from those I've done) are simply to see how you interact in a group situation. So you get a completely random, often funny/silly, scenario to discuss. Just make sure you participate in the discussion, have your say and enjoy it!

I've heard from friends who had group 'interviews' in the past where they had to build a bridge out of newspaper and toilet rolls to support a toy car!!

The York group session is a fun discussion though!!

As I say the group session is more about how you handle yourself in a group.

individual interview. Just be clear on why you want to be a nurse, as any nursing interview will ask! Also be sure to keep up to date with current 'nursing/nhs' events etc. as I said above, can't offer too much advice on specific questions as everyone I spoke to on the day got asked different things!

wouldnt want to advise you on the questions I was asked..... Only for you be asked something completely different!!! Just prepare as well as you can and you'll be fine.
beck95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks a lot for the advice Mike much appreciated I will do my best! Becky.
EmilyLouise1993x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you all for your help Mike! Really appreciate it a lot.

Congrats on your offer to x
Natalie1988
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi emily i also have an interview for adult nursing at york so also looking for any advice im no good at interviews at all get way too nervous. When is your interview mine is on the 11th April x
beck95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Natalie1988)
Hi emily i also have an interview for adult nursing at york so also looking for any advice im no good at interviews at all get way too nervous. When is your interview mine is on the 11th April x
Hi Natalie my interview for adult nursing at York is 24th March. If you want to know anything about the day just message me after the 24th Becky x
Natalie1988
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok thank u hun good luck also, when will u start, im for october intake x
beck95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Natalie1988)
Ok thank u hun good luck also, when will u start, im for october intake x
I put down for the first intake but would take either if they have two if i was offered a place and thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads