m0hd_J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all
I was wondering, what is it really like to be a trader? Is it really as financially rewarding as it is made out to be? I have been doing lots of research on trading and I am really interested in the market and stocks. So that is why I made the post, to see if anybody can tell me what it is really like to be trading in a bank or being a stockbroker and is it interesting or hugely depressive? Also, what does the job normally entail.
I am currently in year 11 and I am deciding what a levels to do, and as you all must know, the a levels you choose should be according to what degree/job you want to pursue in the future. Also, does anybody know of any taster day/events I can do anywhere that would give me better insight into what the trading world is really like.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
palladin984
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Last week I went to investin's young investment banker programme in London and it was really good at getting to see who that world worked and what you had to do to get there. I think there is another event in march sometime which may still have some places available
m0hd_J
Rep:
?
(Original post by averyc)
Last week I went to investin's young investment banker programme in London and it was really good at getting to see who that world worked and what you had to do to get there. I think there is another event in march sometime which may still have some places available
What event is it and where? Do you have a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
m0hd_J
Rep:
?
Also, what kind of info did they give of what you need to do to become a stockbroker or just do trading for a firm in general?
Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
palladin984
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.investineducation.co.uk/i...nker-programme

Next date is July now. It primarily deals with front office roles and the general mechanics of how an investment bank works. They mentioned stockbrokers briefly and if you had any additional questions then you could hang around at the end.

Regarding A level choices, outside maths, there are no real necessary subjects for trading. Degrees in economics, physics, maths, statistics etc are all acceptable, so I would just try and get a good range of subjects with maybe 2 numerical based ones
m0hd_J
Rep:
?
http://www.investineducation.co.uk/i...nker-programme

Next date is July now. It primarily deals with front office roles and the general mechanics of how an investment bank works. They mentioned stockbrokers briefly and if you had any additional questions then you could hang around at the end.

Regarding A level choices, outside maths, there are no real necessary subjects for trading. Degrees in economics, physics, maths, statistics etc are all acceptable, so I would just try and get a good range of subjects with maybe 2 numerical based ones
So did they say a degree in economics is a good degree for trading? As this is what I actually want to do!
Cheers for the link! Although I don't think I can attend it on this date, because I have a GCSE exam on the day

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (743)
41.79%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.5%

Watched Threads