The Student Room Group

Which subject would you kill off?

if you had the chance to get rid of any subject which one would it be and why?

i would get rid of citizenship, in my school it really is pointless no one learns anything and the teachers dont know how to teach it.

Scroll to see replies

URDU!!!!!!!! Don't get me started on Urdu. I've had to take it as a GCSE (I speak 8 languages so not TOO much of a problem) and it's the biggest waste of time EVER! Oxbridge and UCL don't even recognise it as a proper language qualification.
(edited 10 years ago)
Spanish....
Original post by MovesLikeAgger
URDU!!!!!!!! Don't get me started on Urdu. ... Oxbridge and UCL don't even recognise it as a proper language qualification.

Why though ?
I took it at GCSE and am going to take it at higher next year.
Travel and Tourism
Original post by lilangel217
Why though ?
I took it at GCSE and am going to take it at higher next year.

That's your choice I guess. A few members of my class were looking through university sites, as we have the option of doing it as an early AS, and saw that it's not a respected language, more so if you're Pakistani as they expect you to know it already.
Personally, I'm pissed off as they can offer such a ridiculous, pointless language as a GCSE and not Danish. Fgs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Media Studies
Reply 7
R.E. Most boring subject ever and general studies which is also pointless.
Reply 8
Art.....
Reply 9
Photography
I'd say maths but I suppose it's useful :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Health and Social Care

Posted from TSR Mobile
PE.............................
English. :colonhash:

IDGAF about Shakespeare or analyzng stupid poems and how the hell can green curtains represent jealousy (an actual example used by my teacher)! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
PE.............................

PE is jokes at my school, no one actually does what they're supposed to and we always end up messing around :tongue:

Plus Dodgeball is amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Religious Studies for obvious reasons.

(Religion is horse****).
Reply 16
The ones I personally don't consider fun are useful, and the ones I consider important to intellectual development are less practical, but still necessary.

The only thing I'd change slightly is General Studies. It has the potential to be really enlightening, but it just ISN'T.
English literature, French and drama
"Film Studies"
Reply 19
Original post by vashappeninkira
if you had the chance to get rid of any subject which one would it be and why?

I would get rid of citizenship, in my school it really is pointless no one learns anything and the teachers dont know how to teach it.

prsom

Original post by xyloid
religious studies for obvious reasons.

(religion is horse****).

prsom
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply