The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is Didiqwoba!

I'm studying... Currently looking for a place in the UK to further my studies

I'm interested in... Msc International Health at University of Leeds vs MPH at University of Sheffield
Original post by Didiqwoba
I'm studying... Currently looking for a place in the UK to further my studies

I'm interested in... Msc International Health at University of Leeds vs MPH at University of Sheffield

Hey there Didiqwoba and welcome to TSR! :tsr:

You might want to check out the University forums on TSR, each one will have something to help you find a place from accommodation to more in-depth information about the course from current and previous students.

To reply back to my message, just click on the "reply" button underneath this message on the right hand side, or click on the quotation marks button next to it!

MalteseMalteser :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Hey there Didiqwoba and welcome to TSR! :tsr:

You might want to check out the University forums on TSR, each one will have something to help you find a place from accommodation to more in-depth information about the course from current and previous students.

To reply back to my message, just click on the "reply" button underneath this message on the right hand side, or click on the quotation marks button next to it!

MalteseMalteser :smile:

I've checked out the forums. Still confused though. I need more info.
I've checked out the forums. Still confused though. I need more info.

in what way are you confused, my friend? Are you confused about what to look for? Or are you confused about how to post a new thread? :smile:
Reply 4
Am new to TSR please bear with me:smile:
Am confused about what campus to go to. Which offers good health courses and is reputable?
Am new to TSR please bear with me:smile:
Am confused about what campus to go to. Which offers good health courses and is reputable?

What health course in particular are you after? Nursing? Medicine? Veterinary Sciences?

Also, for health courses reputation isn't as big a factor as it is for Business/Maths/Law etc. Reputation on TSR will also be very very opinionated, since some users will hold certain universities and courses above others. This won't be beneficial to you. It's better if you find a course which you like, not one that is reputable, since if you go to a reputable university and don't get a 2:1 because the workload is too hard, you'll find it extremely hard to find a job against everyone with 2:1s/1:1s :smile:

But check out this link to a TSR forum which might be able to help you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=27
Reply 6
Original post by MalteseMalteser
What health course in particular are you after? Nursing? Medicine? Veterinary Sciences?

Also, for health courses reputation isn't as big a factor as it is for Business/Maths/Law etc. Reputation on TSR will also be very very opinionated, since some users will hold certain universities and courses above others. This won't be beneficial to you. It's better if you find a course which you like, not one that is reputable, since if you go to a reputable university and don't get a 2:1 because the workload is too hard, you'll find it extremely hard to find a job against everyone with 2:1s/1:1s :smile:

But check out this link to a TSR forum which might be able to help you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=27

A master's in Public Health is what am interested in or public health nutrition. People's opinions on here have left me confused and discouraged. Being and international student and unable to visit prospective places for study and having to rely on people's opinions is sure hard. But thanks for your help. It came through just when I needed it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest