The Student Room Group

Results Day 2014 - and 'holidays'

PLEASE don't organise holidays that cover Results Day!

Already I am reading posts on TSR from silly people who have arranged to be on holiday on Results Day and 'will this matter?'.

Things may not turn out as you expect. You need to be at home, near a reliable phone and PC, and with the advice of parents/teachers close at hand. And with your friends to console you - or to celebrate with.

Go on holiday in July.
Reply 1
Well done

Although it doesn't matter if you're not there for AS levels. I just got someone to go in for me.
Reply 2
Yeah, Magaluf yeah!
Indeed. Have to agree - for AS it doesn't matter a fig, but for A2 you really must be there in case things don't go to plan.

The only exception (sort of) is if you want to take a gap year anyway, because in that instance a reapplication is more appropriate than Clearing, but I'd still recommend being there for results day.
Just bumping this, because every single word of it is true.
Reply 5
Original post by returnmigrant
PLEASE don't organise holidays that cover Results Day!

Already I am reading posts on TSR from silly people who have arranged to be on holiday on Results Day and 'will this matter?'.

Things may not turn out as you expect. You need to be at home, near a reliable phone and PC, and with the advice of parents/teachers close at hand. And with your friends to console you - or to celebrate with.

Go on holiday in July.

Stupid question, but are you referring to A levels or Uni results? :colondollar:
Reply 6
(Unless your on one of those 'international' gap years)
Original post by PC2852
Stupid question, but are you referring to A levels or Uni results? :colondollar:

A Levels
THE TRUTH!

Not really related to this, but one of my family members went abroad and because of this, she didn't do her UKCAT exam (for medicine) and even when the unis she wanted to apply to wanted to talk to her she wasn't even available :/ such a waste of a year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending