Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmilyAlyssa)
I'm studying... Music Composition for Film, Games, and Media

I'm interested in... Music, Opera, Piano, Singing
Hey there EmilyAlyssa and welcome to TSR! :tsr:

I love Music, what kind of genre are you into? I personally love a bit of D'n'B but half of my iTunes library is full of videogame/film soundtracks! What kind of games are you into?

You might want to check out the Entertainment forums, or even the Music forums, to find like-minded people to talk to! There's even a games forum where you can get involved in games on TSR or talk about current or old videogames/boardgames etc.

To reply back to my message, just click on the "reply" button underneath this message on the right hand side, or click on the quotation marks button next to it!

MalteseMalteser
EmilyAlyssa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by MalteseMalteser)
Hey there EmilyAlyssa and welcome to TSR! :tsr:

I love Music, what kind of genre are you into? I personally love a bit of D'n'B but half of my iTunes library is full of videogame/film soundtracks! What kind of games are you into?

You might want to check out the Entertainment forums, or even the Music forums, to find like-minded people to talk to! There's even a games forum where you can get involved in games on TSR or talk about current or old videogames/boardgames etc.

To reply back to my message, just click on the "reply" button underneath this message on the right hand side, or click on the quotation marks button next to it!

MalteseMalteser

Thank you! I compose film music and mostly listen to opera and classical but I'm open to pop and rock and electro genres and dubstep and everything! My itunes is full of soundtracks too
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! I compose film music and mostly listen to opera and classical but I'm open to pop and rock and electro genres and dubstep and everything! My itunes is full of soundtracks too
Oooh that's cool! I have a friend who composes film music too, albeit it's not the big blockbuster films that you see but rather the smaller, independent films that no-one major is going to get round to watch! I've composed a couple of songs myself - wish they made it into a blockbuster movie haha! It's good to hear you have a wide musical taste! I do too, although I stay away from anything that is heavy metal or "screamo" as I personally don't like it What soundtracks have you got? So far, my collection stands at:

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Halo: Reach
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Assassins Creed I
Assassins Creed II
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Assassins Creed III
The Last of Us

Brownie Points to you if you can beat that - that's over 250 songs from soundtracks right there
EmilyAlyssa
Rep:
?
Oooh that's cool! I have a friend who composes film music too, albeit it's not the big blockbuster films that you see but rather the smaller, independent films that no-one major is going to get round to watch! I've composed a couple of songs myself - wish they made it into a blockbuster movie haha! It's good to hear you have a wide musical taste! I do too, although I stay away from anything that is heavy metal or "screamo" as I personally don't like it What soundtracks have you got? So far, my collection stands at:

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Halo: Reach
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Assassins Creed I
Assassins Creed II
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Assassins Creed III
The Last of Us

Brownie Points to you if you can beat that - that's over 250 songs from soundtracks right there
I don't think I can beat that! and I agree, apart from rap, screamo and heavy metal, I'm open to anything
I've composed for a few small independent things too but nothing big, maybe one day!
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think I can beat that! and I agree, apart from rap, screamo and heavy metal, I'm open to anything
I've composed for a few small independent things too but nothing big, maybe one day!
I think I might have gone a bit over the top - but hey that's the nerdy side of me coming out haha! Still, Cookies are awarded to you for having soundtracks in your music library, so here they are! :cookie:

I only like rap if the song is by Eminem, but despite going to screamo and heavy metal concerts it just doesn't do it for me

But hey, not a lot of people can say "I've composed soundtracks to films" no matter how big or small! And I'm sure you've heard the saying "start off small and let it grow into something bigger"!
EmilyAlyssa
Rep:
?
I think I might have gone a bit over the top - but hey that's the nerdy side of me coming out haha! Still, Cookies are awarded to you for having soundtracks in your music library, so here they are! :cookie:

I only like rap if the song is by Eminem, but despite going to screamo and heavy metal concerts it just doesn't do it for me

But hey, not a lot of people can say "I've composed soundtracks to films" no matter how big or small! And I'm sure you've heard the saying "start off small and let it grow into something bigger"!
Indeed!
Songbird595
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Emily, welcome to the student room I'm surprised I came across this post, because I am a composer too! What kind of place are you studying composition at like a University or a Conservetoire? etc and what's the creative process like for you? I mainly compose at the piano and transpose my ideas into my sequencer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (38)
24.52%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (53)
34.19%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
17.42%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (12)
7.74%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (25)
16.13%

Watched Threads