Lauren2014
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone else suffer from emetophobia?
DAS4793
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah me. I just hate the thought of anyone being sick and when I see/hear anyone vomiting and I feel unwell and think am going to vomit myself. The weird thing is though that I hardly even ever vomit ( only done it twice in 10 years) but I feel like am going to be sick nearly every week. I suppose it is all just in the mind.
Lauren2014
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by DAS4793)
Yeah me. I just hate the thought of anyone being sick and when I see/hear anyone vomiting and I feel unwell and think am going to vomit myself. The weird thing is though that I hardly even ever vomit ( only done it twice in 10 years) but I feel like am going to be sick nearly every week. I suppose it is all just in the mind.
Yeah that's similar to me, I hardly ever vomit. I think maybe it's because we rarely vomit, that when we do we really hate it?
Kazbian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to have this. I used to worry and panic about being sick every single day.

However, it doesn't bother me now (no more than the average person anyway). I threw up loads throughout uni - sometimes from alcohol, but also from being ill. It desensitised me to it. A woman threw up right in front of me last week and it didn't phase me at all.

I'm so glad it's gone. Emetophobia is awful. I think the worst thing is that you can't escape being sick. If you're scared of a spider or something, you can get away from it, but you can't do that if you feel nauseous.
Shadow-X
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
same lol
Bulbasaur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep. Even if I feel slightly nauseous I get quite paranoid and nervous and start shaking and it just makes it worse. Tonight was quite bad for that (alcohol!), I think the problems lies in that I have quite bad acid reflux so even if I haven't got very drunk I could still feel pretty sick from it..
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not really. Though I'd hate the thought of vomiting in front of others.
Knowing me, I'd faint from the embarrassment and land in the puke.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads