indeaward
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have applied to do psychology at Northumbria starting this September, and now have it as my firm choice!! just wondering where other people were thinking about staying, or if anyone who's already there would recommend a certain place?
dollfeatures
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just accepted Northumbria as my firm, and my top choices for accommodation are New Bridge Street and Victoria Hall. They're a little more expensive but I'll already be working when I go up there and I'm going to be 21 not 18 so I'm not bothered about spending all my money on alcohol :')
I do go up to Newcastle a lot as my boyfriend already goes to University there and I would say they are the best accommodation. I don't particularly rate Glenmara House or Camden Court.
beccc
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by indeaward)
I have applied to do psychology at Northumbria starting this September, and now have it as my firm choice!! just wondering where other people were thinking about staying, or if anyone who's already there would recommend a certain place?
It completely depends what kind of environment you want really, I'm currently a third year psych student at Northumbria and stayed in halls my first year, I was in knoll court which was pretty nice, ensuite rooms, secure parking if you're taking a car (but it's bloody expensive!) and really close to uni. I went to a party once at Gelnamara and it was brilliant because everyone was more social with the shared bathroom business. All accommodation is within walking distance to the city centre and close to uni. My friend was in Manor Bank and that was nice there same with Victoria Hall and New Bridge Street.

Good luck with it!

xx
chloececee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2571816

Posted from TSR Mobile
holliibubs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I live in liberty quay, it is a really nice place but one thing bad is that when people are coming in and walking up the stairs you can hear them as it is very loud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
S_Adriaan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Congratulations on choosing an awesome degree OP, (not that I'm biased or anything). The psychologist department are fantastic! hopefully we'll put on lots for you guys in Freshers because it was great last year

I can't help too much on the accommodation questions as I don't live in halls, but from going to visit friends and viewing the accommodation, I think that New Bridge Street is the nicest of them, but it's all individual choice. If I was a fresher this year and going to live in halls, I'd chose New Bridge Street or Trinity Square (Cause I end up hanging out around there lots as theres everything you need in one place).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (94)
27.81%
No (244)
72.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed