The Student Room Group

WHITE BRITISH PEOPLE: Your opinion on immigration

The UK was 91% white in 2001

In 2011 it was 87%

In 2021 it is projected to be about 80%, and with Scotland gone, even less... white British will make up about 70% of the population

The white British population of London is already below 45%

:eek3:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why only White people?

Black and Brown people are born here as well.

Its not even first generation, its second and third generation now...

Why is a white person more British than me?
Reply 2
We shall infiltr8z all dem landz :colone:
Asian takeover, back me up fellow brown people ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by SuperDuperNoob

In 2011 it was 87%

In 2021 it is projected to be about 80%, and with Scotland gone, even less... white British will make up about 70% of the population

cmn er tekken er jerbs
Reply 5
I read somewhere it's 70-80% against any further immigration.

I don't think there will be anymore immigration from the 2nd/3rd world. Most immigration that occurs nowdays comes from the EU i.e eastern European countries. I thought people would be more content with that given the racial "affiliation". Then it occurred to me that Eastern Europeans are perceived to be at the "bottom" of all Europeans for some reason.
(edited 10 years ago)
There are more British ex-pats living abroad then there are immigrants in this country.
Reply 7
Original post by Paralove
It honestly doesn't bother me, as long as they have a decent grasp of English and do work, not here to make the most of the welfare system (as a minority do). Just as should be expected by any country.

It's highly frustrating trying to communicate with someone who barely understands you and who can't put across anything either.

Ironically, I suffer from this problem when talking to Anglo-Britons sometimes :rofl:
Original post by Ornlu
We shall infiltr8z all dem landz :colone:

Could you hurry up about it...
It doesn't bother me. As long as they speak some English, unlike what our expats do. Talking of which...
Original post by Ribbit1234
There are more British ex-pats living abroad then there are immigrants in this country.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
You would rather have 60 million white,brown and black british people working together to keep the UK competitive and earning its place in the world, than 50 million white people on a 3 day week struggling to hold back Russia
Original post by SuperDuperNoob

In 2011 it was 87%

I don't care about the colour, race or background of people in this country. I couldn't care less if 99% of people in London weren't born in the UK. What I care about is the fact that we only have finite resources and we therefore can't support an endless stream of immigration. It's simply unsustainable and that is the only reason why I am uncomfortable with immigration.

In my view, immigration should be means-tested. Whilst I would like immigration numbers to drop, I also think it should be easier for refugees and other people with a genuine need to escape their country to enter the UK.
Whites (eastern europeans) are infesting the country more than anyone. I doubt people really care if they're white british or white non-british. The two can't be distinguished between usually and won't change the genetic make-up of the island much.
Reply 13
We should show compassion to everyone, regardless of race or how 'white' they are.
Not a problem with black, white or purple if you wish.

If you come here to live and work, pay taxes and speak English WELL! and give the country something which we haven't got. ( Like the Aussy system)
Then why not?

If people come here to take low paid jobs which need topping up by our benefits system. Or just don't work at all and don't speak great English.
Then i personally have an issue.

But with that in mind, i also believe that Brits going abroad should also have a good job else where, not take out and speak the language.

I think my view is based on where i live and what i see around me. I think once i've been at Uni and start to meet more 'black' people, my opinions will change.

All that being said, Since 2001 to now, the country has hit breaking point. I do think we may need to opt out of allowing anybody else entry to the UK. I also believe we should opt for a system like Australia.

I could be leaning towards Australia here haha!
Original post by Tremmel
We should show compassion to everyone, regardless of race or how 'white' they are.

The OP asked for an opinion on immigration, not for a moral crusade.
Personally anyone who's patriotic about the country and will preserve the culture is welcome here. I'm so sick of people immigrating here and forcing their way of life on others. They don't realise it is a privilege for them to be here and that when in Rome they should do as Romans do.
It would also be a vast improvement if people were only allowed to come here to study or to do work in much needed areas such as nursing, similar to the Australians.
:rolleyes:
Reply 18
"White other" is becoming about as big as the pakistanis and indians though and after enough generations white "other" may well basically become white british, for all intents and purposes. It has happened with a lot of Huguenots, Irish and Jews.
Original post by Tremmel

And this is precisely why we're becoming the world's door mat. We are a country not a refuge island, and god knows the British public have sent enough money in aid. I feel sorry for those people but they are not this country's responsibility.

Quick Reply