Guardian Commercial Graduate Scheme 2014 Assessment Centre

Watch
giffhogge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Wondering if anyone has heard back from the Guardian about assessment centres for their commercial grad scheme, they said by the week commencing 24th Feb but no response yet, anyone heard anything?

Assuming no news is bad news :confused: , thanks in advance.
amym2155
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nooo! but so glad you posted this! I've been checking everyday but nothing as of yet! Do you know if anyone else has??
giffhogge
Rep:
?
Tell me about it Amy, attempting dissertation but unable to concentrate! No word from anyone else yet but have pinged many an email to various departments to find out something ,difficult not to seem too keen :-), hoping for a reply this eve.
Fingers crossed and will let you know if they get in touch!
amym2155
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks! Yeah I was going to pop a wee email next week if we hadn't heard anything back. Aw i understand! I'm in 4th year too, it's tough but at least we've made it through to this round
AlexSaskia123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi giffhogge and amym2155,

I'm in my 4th year and also applied for the scheme too but haven't heard anything back yet either. I sent an email this week to the same email address which told us we'd got to the final 200 but and haven't heard anything back! Have either of you heard anything since your last messages on here?

Thanks!
giffhogge
Rep:
?
Hi Alex

Welcome to the thread and congrats for getting through to the final 200! No word from anyone yet, was directed to the email address [email protected] for information so have pinged them (along with Hally Dervish and Jo Baddeley who are the recruitment execs who seem to have a relation to the scheme) a couple of times but not a word.

Here's hoping no news is good news, maybe they've lost them down the back of the sofa so have to go through them again. Post an update here if you hear anything and i'll do the same!

Giff
AlexSaskia123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for your reply Giff - It's always nice to talk to other people in the same boat!

I'm hoping no news is good news too. That said, if I haven't heard anything back by the beginning of this week, I'll definitely send another email to the address you've mentioned (thanks for that). It's frustrating we haven't heard back yet as they seemed so sure in their last email to us that they would get back to us by w/c 24th Feb.

Will be sure to post if I hear anything either way! Thanks again
amym2155
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm just about to pop a wee email to them has anyone else heard anything back?
AlexSaskia123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Amy, No I haven't heard anything back from anyone yet - please let me know if you hear anything soon and I'll do the same
amym2155
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Will do!
giffhogge
Rep:
?
Nada from my side, pretty poor show if they just don't want to make the effort to let unsuccessful applicants know. I'm thinking, perhaps naively, that they wouldn't do that with the experience they have of what makes a good grad recruiter. What do you reckon?
giffhogge
Rep:
?
Reply received, unfortunately didn't get through . Can't help but feel i may have annoyed someone with the above post, absolutely gutted but ho hum, good luck to you guys, let me know if you get through!

Giff
amym2155
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
aw me neither! gutted but hope they open it again next year and I can get more experience and hopefully have a better chance! Now applying for internships in Shanghai! Good luck in grad job hunting!
AlexSaskia123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just heard back too and unfortunately haven't got through either but at least someone finally got back to us all! Good luck with the job hunting to you both too!
giffhogge
Rep:
?
Nightmare! Ah well, was hoping one of us may have at least, back to the drawing board i suppose. Good luck with future plans and if you apply next year then maybe we'll speak again .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads