oaidyl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I got a place on a Masterclass at Corpus Christi, Cambridge on the 17th March for Human, Social and Political sciences. I was wondering if anyone on here got a place too. It sounds really good!
cammc445
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oaidyl)
I got a place on a Masterclass at Corpus Christi, Cambridge on the 17th March for Human, Social and Political sciences. I was wondering if anyone on here got a place too. It sounds really good!
Well i got a place on the history master class on the 18th - wanted to go to the HSPS one most, but i am looking forward to it anyway. Let me know how it goes on monday!
EzBB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am hoping to go this year, my Head of Sixth Form has put me forward. Is it particularly competitive? Is it grade dependant ?
etc.
oaidyl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by EzBB)
I am hoping to go this year, my Head of Sixth Form has put me forward. Is it particularly competitive? Is it grade dependant ?
etc.
I don't think it is particularly grade dependant but they expect your school to recommend students they believe will achieve A and A*'s particularly in the subject they're being nominated for but they won't check
Corpus Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all, I'm the Admissions Tutor at Corpus. Just to clarify - we are asking schools to nominate one or two of their most suitable students for the Masterclasses. We're not planning on checking GCSE grades or anything like that - we trust the schools. If we get more nominations than there are places (which is likely), then we'll choose randomly from the list. Hope to see some of you there!
EzBB
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh okay, yes I am predicted 4 A's this year and A*A* A next year. I am hoping to apply for History.
EzBB
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Looking forward to the Anglo-Saxon History masterclass on the 17th March !!!
aetcode
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've got a place at the philosophy masterclass :h:

I realise this is a bit of a trivial question, but does anybody know what the dress code is? Are jeans too casual?
EzBB
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know, smart casual probably. Chinos, shirt and blazer or something... I don't think its really terribly important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads