The Student Room Group

am i doing the right thing

I really want to go to uni to study a nursing or midwifery course, however I'm doing an apprenticeship in a care home getting my NVQ 2 in health and social, I've got a C in English and maths but D's in science and humanities. I would have more gcses but I had to miss year 9&10 of high school due to been really I'll. I'm not sure I'll be accepted into uni with these grades and my new 2. I'm only 17 but I'm really worrying about what to do..
Reply 1
Original post by mia-Josephine
I really want to go to uni to study a nursing or midwifery course, however I'm doing an apprenticeship in a care home getting my NVQ 2 in health and social, I've got a C in English and maths but D's in science and humanities. I would have more gcses but I had to miss year 9&10 of high school due to been really I'll. I'm not sure I'll be accepted into uni with these grades and my new 2. I'm only 17 but I'm really worrying about what to do..

Hi,

I don't think an NVQ level 2 is enough for getting into uni for nursing or midwifery. Have you had a look on the internet at the entry requirements for the places you'd like to go to? It could give you an idea on what to do next, be that a higher NVQ or an access course.
Do a access course. X
Reply 3
I think I'm going to do an access course after my apprenticeship, thank you:smile:x

Quick Reply

Latest