The Student Room Group

Why PE Sucks

Scroll to see replies

It's so, so pointless. It doesn't encourage people to take part in sport, it puts some people off.

We used to do "exercises" just kicking balls past cones instead of actually playing football. And half of the time it wasn't even proper exercise. Do they really think us standing around with a table tennis rackets is going to make us fit?
Reply 21
Original post by ryan9900
Fair enough. I'm quite enthusiastic about it though as it was a positive experience for me. I understand for some people that it's not but that doesn't give them the right to say it's a waste of time and everyone who enjoys it is an idiot or something along those lines.

I didn't like many sports at all, but we did one hour of circuit training every week (for those who took it as a GCSE) and I absolutely loved it. I wasn't even fit or big on exercise but it was the only subject where you got to see visible signs of improvement and it felt rewarding. We also got to go to primary schools and instruct their PE lessons which was also extremely rewarding. It definitely has positives and as I said, just because somebody has a bad experience doesn't mean they have the right to slate the subject in question and insult people who enjoy it.

Agree with you, each to their own, some people enjoy it and others don't. I think it should be optional though
Reply 22
Original post by manchesterunited15
I know he is, and fair play to him. But he's still fat so he is still a fatty.

Not bad, champions of England :manutd:

Yh but Im not fat
Reply 23
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
Oh my God, I hate PE! I'm glad I don't do it anymore because I'm just so @#&$ing sick of having to waste time wearing myself to a half-dead bellows after a useless time-waster! I constantly had to kill myself running and jumping over bars, as if it will change my future like other subjects will. Well, it won't! And why do I have to do a @#&$ing ridiculous test on what positions require what to do?! For crying out @#&$ing loud, do I need that crap?! It doesn't change my knowledge, so do you idiots call this @#&$ing education, huh? Education is meant to get good from students. Does PE do that? No! PE makes everyone believe that body power is more important than intellect. There is no greater social downfall. And what good do you get from professional sports?! When you watch your local team win, say, the Superbowl, you see several @#&$ing idiots who, thanks to PE, have been brainwashed into thinking that chasing a fat man with a ball is a better thing to do than proving string theory, which will change the world, as opposed to what they're doing. And imagine what we would have accomplished if we were not held back like this. Those who like sports hold back the development of our world, and that makes me sick!
Thanks for letting me let this out. If you agree, you are awesome.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

On a separate note, I didn't like P.E
1) I had quite bad mild asthma (bit weird i know)from year 7 until year 9/10 which restricted me from fully doing P.E
2) My teachers were just idiots to say the least. They would favour and show extreme support to those who were capable/had talent on the sports side.
I for one loved playing certain sports (football, badminton etc (team sports esp)) but never fully enjoyed it as I never really felt like playing in a TEAM.

Another thing I really disliked is that they never took any effort to train those that were less talented but had passion for that sport. I went to football sessions, but I never got the right education from my teachers to be even given a shout to team selection.

You don't do PE in year 12/13 but I really do wish there was some kind of thing for sixth formers to play sports they love
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Yh but Im not fat

Never said you are.
Reply 25
Never said you are.

ITT Fatties
ITT Fatties

Yeah, not necessarily everyone in this thread
Reply 27
Yeah, not necessarily everyone in this thread

and me going to the gym doesn't prove i'M not fat
and me going to the gym doesn't prove i'M not fat

Well it doesn't does it. It's possible to go to the gym yet still be fat, as I proved with that picture.
Reply 29
Well it doesn't does it. It's possible to go to the gym yet still be fat, as I proved with that picture.

but the goal is to lose weight and not be fat, the gym is more effective than PE lessons
but the goal is to lose weight and not be fat, the gym is more effective than PE lessons

But PE lessons gets kids started with fitness, especially as they can't go to the gym until 16 in most places
I stand up to you. Now let's get to listing the reasons.

1. Team sports.
-Absolutely nobody gives the ball to me.
-Social anxiety and shyness: the two things that people can't see in me, someone says "get over it, lazy kiddo >:smile:".
-When I'm not participating, a bunch of athletic b*tches walk up to me and start to call me names.

2. I have asthma and I can barely breathe after about 5 laps of running. The teachers overestimate my skills.

3. Having to get changed (so embarassing to change infront of about 10 people.

4. Countless laps of running.

5. Non-athletic people: I stand up to them.
- Since when does running even RELATE to gaming, etc.

6. I rather run around or do exercise at home.

7. It doesn't help with anything, only TRUE EXERCISE will help you.

8.Some people take it too seriously.
For example, when we were playing football, I was the goalkeeper, I couldn't prevent the ball from going into the goal. My "teammates" immediately start saying like, "Y U LET THE BALL IN?!", or
"CLUSMY YOU!" I wish I could just send them to hell, because they deserve it.

Earth to all schools:" PE is a form of child abuse that consists of kids that are forced to participate in sports that they would rather not do. The people that enjoy this are the dumb a** jocks who think that PE is the most important thing and enjoy tormenting people that aren't athletic. For people that do not like PE, it can create stress and make them unpopular. I believe that physical education is wrong and should be taken out of schools NOW!"
Reply 32
I hate PE myself. The concept of going out and doing exercies for 2 hours every week was appreciated by me, but sometimes I had lessons after PE, and that forced me to change faster, which is annoying. Another thing is that I was always placed with people who are either better than me, or much, much worse than me. This annoyed me so much.
Reply 33
Agree with you, each to their own, some people enjoy it and others don't. I think it should be optional though

IF we made PE optional, most of the students would be fat.
Original post by rsteph3
IF we made PE optional, most of the students would be fat.

no
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
Oh my God, I hate PE! I'm glad I don't do it anymore because I'm just so @#&$ing sick of having to waste time wearing myself to a half-dead bellows after a useless time-waster! I constantly had to kill myself running and jumping over bars, as if it will change my future like other subjects will. Well, it won't! And why do I have to do a @#&$ing ridiculous test on what positions require what to do?! For crying out @#&$ing loud, do I need that crap?! It doesn't change my knowledge, so do you idiots call this @#&$ing education, huh? Education is meant to get good from students. Does PE do that? No! PE makes everyone believe that body power is more important than intellect. There is no greater social downfall. And what good do you get from professional sports?! When you watch your local team win, say, the Superbowl, you see several @#&$ing idiots who, thanks to PE, have been brainwashed into thinking that chasing a fat man with a ball is a better thing to do than proving string theory, which will change the world, as opposed to what they're doing. And imagine what we would have accomplished if we were not held back like this. Those who like sports hold back the development of our world, and that makes me sick!
Thanks for letting me let this out. If you agree, you are awesome.

Strong body - strong mind.

I believe PE sucks for many people as the teacher fails to address their needs.

Training your muscles will become important the moment you can't use your whole body anymore.

For anyone who is interested in training his/her wholeself there is youtube for instruction and PE for opportunity and guidance.

Nothing beats the endorphine rush after a 10k run giving everything.
But the 5k at parkrun are great too.
Check your local one at www.parkrun.org.uk
i 100% agree

Quick Reply

Latest