?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
*Just to clarify, I mean from scratch.
nocoolusername
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My mum cooks. It is soo nice when i come home after college and there is nice food to eat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mum does yes. For my father, her my brother & me.

I cook in the week & weekends sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shopoholic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cook my food myself if I don't like what my mom has cooked.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, usually I just throw assorted matter into the oven, or just eat stuff that doesn't have to be cooked.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cook pretty much most of my meals by scratch and also in bulk then freeze.
StrangestThings
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have pretty much cooked for myself for the past 3 years which I prefer as it means I can eat when I want. I occasionally cook from scratch but I most days I eat something that you bung in the oven or is quick and easy to cook like pasta etc.
flou_fboco2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by guglemugle)
yup its either my parent of if their tired me
Dilsz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Neither. My butler does all that stuff whilst me and mother go horse riding
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. My mum cooks for the week and stores it, but when I don't fancy what she made (which is about 4 days a week), then I cook for myself from scratch.
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeap.
MidnightDream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My mum does the cooking but not everyday, on Sundays she cooks everything for the next week or so and leaves it in the fridge or wherever
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by guglemugle)
It is just my girlfriend and me.

I make breakfast every morning, usually a cereal with yoghurt and fruits, an omelette of some kind, a 3-vegetable juice and bread. The bread, juice and yoghurt are homemade by me using all my latest kitchen toys.

I usually eat out for lunch, she brings lunch from home, usually bread and some leftovers from dinner. Friday lunch we eat out together.

Dinner, I cook it on Monday and that usually will be her leftovers for her lunch till Thursday. No idea how she can tolerate eating the same thing 3 days in a row though she insist the portion she eats on Thursday usually taste the best. She cooks Tuesdays and Wednesdays for dinner, usually I do help her if I'm not too busy. Thursdays I go out for dinner with my kids while she goes out with her friends or stays in. Friday I cook dinner and usually we do have some guests over as well.

Saturday, I prepare brunch and usually we both prepare dinner, my kids do join us if their mother isn't in town.
Sunday, I prepare brunch, usually will be something somewhat special. She goes to her mum's for dinner while I go to the house of my kids' grandmother where I cook them dinner.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
every day? no. sometimes we eat out, or get fish and chips or whatever.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
My parents do, yes.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mum and Grandma do.
~ Aquamarine ~
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My mum cooks most days, but occasionally we will eat out or have a takeaway
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been trying to cook most days for a couple of reasons, namely eating out is expensive and also I'm trying to get healthier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Folion
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cooking is one of the few conversations I can have with my sons (one graduated living away from home the other away at uni) without being totally lost in technical stuff.

I do a lot of cooking from scratch and have taught my boys how to do so so that they can if they wish. I tell them to learn techniques and indgredient/flavour combos rather than worry about specific recipes.

Learning to take advantage of what is on offer at the shops and make best use of it is a life skill that can serve you very well imho
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't cook but my sister does. Thinking of starting to cook for myself because most of the time she makes chicken meals and I'm getting sick of chicken :erm:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (137)
18.03%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.39%

Watched Threads