The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Uni Bristol - Postgrads in Medieval Studies

American student here! I'm trying to get in touch with other postgrads who are going to Bristol for Medieval Studies this upcoming year or who have already attended Bristol for Medieval Studies. We can't meet in person before September, but I'd like to do a roll call and list our interests!
Reply 1
Hi There,

Do you mean you are doing the MA History (Medieval Pathway)? The MA Medieval Studies course isn't running from September 2014.... this is the last year the course is running.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Or are you doing a PHD or MLitt? I've just been on the website to double check myself and see they are running those which is weird as they aren't doing the MA. I was going to apply for that...was really sad when they decided to stop it this year.
Reply 3
I'm doing the MPhil program in Medieval Studies. I thought it was weird too that they stopped the MA! But the MLitt leads to the PhD, I think. My program will stop after one year.
Reply 4
Ah that makes sense. I'm switching from Sciences to Humanities so felt I needed more taught components that the MLitt could offer me. What are your interests?
Reply 5
Ok, I understand. I really enjoy French vs. British literature, preferably Chretien de Troyes and the Arthurian legends. I'm reading some good books and articles on Anglo-Norman literature and language that'll help for my research. What about you? And you're in the MLitt program?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ah no, I needed a taught course so couldn't apply to Bristol. I've got offers from Exeter and Durham so far. I'm interested in 15th Century medical practises, particularly midwifery.
Reply 7
That's such a cool subject! I don't know anything about those schools, but I'm sure they're all wonderful programs. And if you have access to BBC you should check out the show called "Call the Midwife." It's set in the late 1950s, but it's still a great show!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending