The Student Room Group

Ukrainian/Russian Tensions Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Have you heard about Ukraine's new national currency that Yatsenyuk will introduce in the near future, well I guess it worth knowing truthdig[.]com/eartotheground/item/kerry_urges_ukraine_reforms_in_call_to_russian_foreign_minister_20140316#comment-1294498663 Since Ukraine's economy have hard times I think this will completely finish it off and Ukraine's government will leave people with no money... I think that would worsen crisis in Ukraine... Poor people...
Original post by namename
How would you know if they would not agree, did you ask these nations? Chinese says that they'd gladly join with China at the Far East. Somehow, I think, too, that if you let people in Kaliningrad to vote where they'd rather live - in Germany or Russia, most would choose Germany.

You can establish through plebiscites which have been done and if you knew your history past GCSE WW1 then you'd know that widespread expulsions and deportations of ethnic germans from the east means that Kaliningrad is no longer Ethnically German, you think russians would want to join Germany?
How would you know if they would not agree, did you ask these nations? Chinese says that they'd gladly join with China at the Far East. Somehow, I think, too, that if you let people in Kaliningrad to vote where they'd rather live - in Germany or Russia, most would choose Germany.

You're drifting away from the point anyway, a democratically elected government was overthrown, of which the Crimea region certainly did not endorse and supported the legitimate president. He chose to deal with Russia rather than Europe because objectively it was probably the better deal, the Russians were giving them 1/3 off oil and gas and offering them considerable loans, plus they have strong historical, lingual and political ties.

Its not just a 'land grab' or muscle flexing, the west is full of double standards, we go into any nation for any reason we see fit, on the grander scheme of things Russia intervened with a population it strongly affiliates with on its boarders. Its a very tame move.

Not to mention NATO is determined to antagonise them by expanding onto its borders, its not like USA were and still are with cuba, have a look at some proposed UN resolutions to ease the blockade on cuba, the USA is the only country (along with israel) that stand in the way of actual progress. But you don't hear about that readily in the newspapers.
See, you, too, agree that Russia can't control Crimea situation, so it employs armed people instead of the police, special police forces and such to control the situation. In a democratic country, with the strong government, there is no need for "guys in balaclavas", who hide their faces and perform illegal arrest. Also, you confessed that the orders to kill these seven or eight people came from Moscow. It means that Russia is establishing a reign of terror and illegal arrest and murders with the help of armed militants. Armed militants are killing people on sight because of orders from Kremlin.

Which democratic country is this you speak of? Russia? Ukraine? Neither are real democracies.

And of course the Kremlin's behind the deaths - this is hardly ground-breaking news. But to think that Russia can't control the situation in Crimea is absurd: the men in balaclavas are scaring any 'undesirable' minorities out of Crimea, which is what the Russian government wants.

The majority of Crimean can vote for whatever, even to get your bank account, it does not make such a vote "legal" for them to take over your bank account. They should have voted to be an independent country first, and to join Russia afterwards, so the referendum is not legal, deal with it.

Again, no one in Crimea or Russia cares whether its legal or not. You make the mistake of imagining that they have a high regard for democracy - this is not the Western world.

Whether legal or not, Crimea is now part of Russia - deal with it.

You are know signing a different song. At first, you stated that I "wanted UN troops in Ukraine". Now, you say that I said "locals should ask for peace keepers". How is "locals should ask for peace keepers" and "UN troops in Ukraine" are the same? I know how Russians lie, first then say one lie, when they are caught, they say an absolutely different lie and don't even apologize for the first lie, but yours are going too far.
You seem to be very confident when you talk as a mouthpiece for ALL Crimean people. You know that the majority want, and you know that the majority disagrees with me. As you are not ALL Crimean people, do post me some proofs that ALL Crimean people "disagree" with me. Especially about the murders, ordered by Kremlin.

In English please.
(edited 10 years ago)
"Areas" can't vote to join something or other, accordingly to Ukrainian constitution, and it's so in the most democratic countries. Only the whole country can vote in such a referendum, not some "area".

Crimea did.
Reply 1585
Yeahhh - lets go and clean up the mess we just secretly made. I hope you know the situation in Ukraine suits the West.
Go home OP you're drunk
Original post by AverageExcellence
You can establish through plebiscites which have been done and if you knew your history past GCSE WW1 then you'd know that widespread expulsions and deportations of ethnic germans from the east means that Kaliningrad is no longer Ethnically German, you think russians would want to join Germany?
You answered my question with another question. Is it a new fashion? You never told me what made you believe that ALL these nations don't want to join something else. Instead, you started talking about my knowledge of history. You also picked up the part of what I said and started nit picking on it, ignoring the rest. You never even mentioned China in your reply, yet previously you stated that ALL Chinese in the Far East didn't want to join with China. Now you stepped over your strange statement and are talking about something else. So, what made you believe that Chinese in the Far East don't want to join with China? Vatniks have such cheap tricks, it's laughable. And, of course, you know, that Russians would like to go live anywhere and be anywhere but Russia. That is why they import such a huge amount of mail order brides. Also, there are multiple forums about how to immigrate abroad, and Germany is one of the most popular country in such discussions. Because, of course, who wants to live like this:

Poor Immanuel... Turning in his grave, no doubt.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1588
Original post by MASTER265
The actual death toll according to reliable sources sits at 600 billion.

Wait. Wut?
Original post by Stalin
Which democratic country is this you speak of? Russia? Ukraine? Neither are real democracies.

And of course the Kremlin's behind the deaths - this is hardly ground-breaking news. But to think that Russia can't control the situation in Crimea is absurd: the men in balaclavas are scaring any 'undesirable' minorities out of Crimea, which is what the Russian government wants.

Again, no one in Crimea or Russia cares whether its legal or not. You make the mistake of imagining that they have a high regard for democracy - this is not the Western world.

Whether legal or not, Crimea is now part of Russia - deal with it.

In English please.
See, vatnik, you agreed that local people need some peace makers to protect them from armed bandits, who kill people at broad daylight and roam the streets. Who cares if you have high regard to democracy or not - other people do, and something must be done. Also, why are you constantly talking about Ukraine? What does Ukraine have to do with Russian territory, called Crimea, which is under the rule of armed bandits? Russians can never answer for themselves. You say - the bandits are terrorizing and killing people by order of Moscow, the vatnik whines - Ukraine is not a democracy. You say - poor people in Crimea need protection, vatnik whines - you said that you wanted UN armed forces in Ukraine. I understand that brightness is not the main strength of the vatniks, but at least follow some basic logic in your random ranmblings.
Original post by Stalin
Crimea did.
It was not legal, as you yourself confessed, so why are you repeating this again and again? Krokodil?
See, vatnik, you agreed that local people need some peace makers to protect them from armed bandits, who kill people at broad daylight and roam the streets. Who cares if you have high regard to democracy or not - other people do, and something must be done. Also, why are you constantly talking about Ukraine? What does Ukraine have to do with Russian territory, called Crimea, which is under the rule of armed bandits? Russians can never answer for themselves. You say - the bandits are terrorizing and killing people by order of Moscow, the vatnik whines - Ukraine is not a democracy. You say - poor people in Crimea need protection, vatnik whines - you said that you wanted UN armed forces in Ukraine. I understand that brightness is not the main strength of the vatniks, but at least follow some basic logic in your random ranmblings.

No one in this thread even knows what you're on about.

Lay off the Ukrainian vodka.
It was not legal, as you yourself confessed, so why are you repeating this again and again? Krokodil?

And you fail to grasp the point that no one in Crimea cares whether it is legal or not, after all, the democratically-elected President of Ukraine was overthrown illegally.

Next you'll be saying Kosovo's declaration of independence is legal, as was the war in Iraq.

The double standards are hilarious.
Original post by Stalin
And you fail to grasp the point that no one in Crimea cares whether it is legal or not, after all, the democratically-elected President of Ukraine was overthrown illegally.

Next you'll be saying Kosovo's declaration of independence is legal, as was the war in Iraq.

The double standards are hilarious.
Again... Ukraine, Kosovo... No one in Crimea cares. First, what Kosovo and Ukraine have to do with the fact that in Crimea, people are killed by Kremlin armed bandits? Second, how do you know what everyone in Crimea thinks and that no one cares that people are killed? "On March 18th, Russian forces in Crimea killed Sergey Kokurin... Kokurin has a four-year-old son. His wife is pregnant with their second child. She is due in May." So, vatnik, you are saying that the wife of the killed man, his relatives, friends, and children, they don't care that he was killed? And no one cares? It maybe in your Vatnikland, normal people usually care. And what double standards? No one in Crimea cares that armed bandits are killing people at daylight - and if someone says that they care, it's "double standards". Double standards about what, vatnik?
Russian stated that they occupied Crimea to "protect" Russians who lived there, because Ukrainian government could not do it. There were no murders in Crimea under Ukrainian government, which could not protect. Yet, after 7 days of Russian rule, 8 people were killed by armed militants, quite openly. It means that Russian government can't ensure peace in this region, and local people should ask for peace makers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
No one in this thread even knows what you're on about.

Lay off the Ukrainian vodka.
"No one in this thread", "no one in Crimea" - you do like your generalizations, vatnik. How do you know what people on this thread understand or not? Who made you a spokesperson for the whole thread and for the whole Crimea? I asked you several times and received no answer. Learn to answer for yourself, not for all the people in Crimea, all the people in the universe and all the people on the thread. I am a person on this thread and I don't remember electing you my spoke person, I am sure others didn't do it either.
Ukrainian vodka? What is Ukrainian vodka? There are no such a thing.
And, vatnik, normally, I am nice to you, vatniks. I understand that you want run off from your third world country to mine, and I am ok with you, provided you come legally and have a good thorough shower before you arrive. But it does not mean that you can use this tone when you are speaking to me, vatnik. In Europe, forget your little Russian vulgarity and try to behave, or else go back to your oil hole in the ground.
Guys your arguing with somebody called Stalin about Russia.... He's out to wind you up, it'd be like arguing with a Hitler should Germany suddenly do something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9510
Guys your arguing with somebody called Stalin about Russia.... He's out to wind you up, it'd be like arguing with a Hitler should Germany suddenly do something

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are right. :smile:
Britain and the rest of the EU are too weak to do anything, Russia could simply turn of the gas.
Mutual economic destruction.
No, we shouldn't. We have no right to intervene and the last thing I want is yet another excuse for the government to waste even more money on defence when genuinely important services like education and healthcare are being cut. Not to mention the fact that we do not want to be pushed towards an actual war.
Original post by MASTER265
The situation in Ukraine is out of hand and we should respond with full military action. Statistics have been falsely reported on the matter to avoid having to act militarily. The actual death toll according to reliable sources sits at 600 billion.

Also excluding Crimea Russia had invaded almost 19 million sq miles of Ukrainian territory. How much more death and despair must go on before we act??

@Bold

The World Population is just over 7 billion...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending