Which Bar school would you go/not go and why that choice.

Watch
candycandycandy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey guys, need some advice here. Basically Manchester Metro, City law school and BPP london came back with an offer to me today and my parents were like hugely AGAINST BPP and City and recommended me to go to Manchester. I am trying to tell them why City and BPP is a good choice but I don't have much idea. I am an international student from France studying in Sheffield right now and I am clueless to these institutions. I applied to them in the first place because I wanted to get a city life (and to escape from places like Sheffield, heard Manchester is something like this). So, which institution provider would you go/not go if you have the above 3 choices and why?

tl;dr- got offered from manchester and london institution provider for bar, parents hugely against london institution and strongly recommends the other because it is cheaper but TS wants a city life. Which institution provider would you recommend TS to go/not go?

p.s: Yes, I know MMU is located in a city also.
BPP University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by candycandycandy)
hey guys, need some advice here. Basically Manchester Metro, City law school and BPP london came back with an offer to me today and my parents were like hugely AGAINST BPP and City and recommended me to go to Manchester. I am trying to tell them why City and BPP is a good choice but I don't have much idea. I am an international student from France studying in Sheffield right now and I am clueless to these institutions. I applied to them in the first place because I wanted to get a city life (and to escape from places like Sheffield, heard Manchester is something like this). So, which institution provider would you go/not go if you have the above 3 choices and why?

tl;dr- got offered from manchester and london institution provider for bar, parents hugely against london institution and strongly recommends the other because it is cheaper but TS wants a city life. Which institution provider would you recommend TS to go/not go?

p.s: Yes, I know MMU is located in a city also.
Hi candycandycandy,

It's fantastic to see that you are looking to study with us at BPP University and we'd love to help you put a case over to your parents as to why you would like to study with us.

What programme is is that you have received an offer for. I appreciate that it may be difficult for your parents to attend any face to face events that we hold, such as our open day or open house session sessions (http://undergraduate.bppeloqua.com/open-day-drop-ins) but they may find it useful to visit our YouTube channel to find out a little bit more about our institution (http://www.youtube.com/bppuniversity)

If there is anything else I can help with, please just let me know.

I hope this helps

Tom
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm hoping to go to City, because it's in London and so closer to the actual Inns and is the hub of the UK's chambers, closer to experience opportunities / competitions etc., and because a commercial barrister I did a mini-pupillage with said it was held in higher regard than the others.
candycandycandy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by BPP University)
Hi candycandycandy,

It's fantastic to see that you are looking to study with us at BPP University and we'd love to help you put a case over to your parents as to why you would like to study with us.

What programme is is that you have received an offer for. I appreciate that it may be difficult for your parents to attend any face to face events that we hold, such as our open day or open house session sessions (http://undergraduate.bppeloqua.com/open-day-drop-ins) but they may find it useful to visit our YouTube channel to find out a little bit more about our institution (http://www.youtube.com/bppuniversity)

If there is anything else I can help with, please just let me know.

I hope this helps

Tom
hey tom, thank you so much for the link! I would check that out in a moment and have them translated to French later. Anyways, it was really helpful!

I am doing the BPTC btw. Just in case, if you are wondering. I was offered Holborn as the main place of study.

(Original post by Birkenhead)
I'm hoping to go to City, because it's in London and so closer to the actual Inns and is the hub of the UK's chambers, closer to experience opportunities / competitions etc., and because a commercial barrister I did a mini-pupillage with said it was held in higher regard than the others.
Hey Birkenhead, thanks so much for the advise! :awesome: That was really insightful as well. Btw, do you have any idea how City law school conducts its exams, passing rates, how are classes, etc comparatively? How I wish there is a chart somewhere in the internet where I could compare them and show them to my dad. :bawling:
BPP Law School
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=candycandycandy;46629386]hey tom, thank you so much for the link! I would check that out in a moment and have them translated to French later. Anyways, it was really helpful!

I am doing the BPTC btw. Just in case, if you are wondering. I was offered Holborn as the main place of study.
Hi CandyCandyCandy,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying the BPTC at BPP. I have provided some facts about our programme below for you to show to your parents.

- More students in pupillage than any other provider
- Ex Senior Clerk William Lavell employed as Senior Mentor specifically to support those students looking for a career at the Bar
- 30% more advocacy than the Bar Standards Board require
- Excellent links with the local Bar
- 43% of recent tenants at ‘Tier 1’ criminal sets are BPP graduates
- 52% of recent tenants at top 5 UK sets are BPP graduates
- 22% of BPTC students study at BPP
- 36% of all pupillages were secures by BPP graduates

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Best Wishes
Lucy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads