anyone here? please help
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ash_ace)
So, I am from India and we have the 10+2+3 = 15 years of education pattern for UG Programmes like BA, BCom, BSc.. Those are for 3 years whereas the Medicine, Engineering UG are of 4 years.. i.e. 10+2+4 = 16
Now I have "heard" that many Universities (both UK & USA) do not accept 15 years of education *unless* you have some work experience -which is mostly for MBAs.

What is the real status in UK? Do they accept 15 years of education? I guess both Indian and British (or should I say English? because in in Ireland, four year courses are more commonly called honours bachelor's degrees.) UG degrees are for 3 years right? Please let me know if I am wrong.

And what about USA? I would like a detailed and assured information if they accept it or mot.

As for myself, I am first year university student at University of Mumbai and I am planning to do Geography as my major, again 10+2+3.. I wish to pursue Geography MA/MS at UK or USA.. Not sure yet.. Still weighing my options and choosing the right University..
I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but as far as I know all you need is a valid school leaving certificate, i.e. an A Level equivalent (and possibly a GCSE equivalent). I wasn't aware that there were minimum years of schooling required.
ash_ace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I passed my SSC in 2011, HSC in 2013.
SSC is the GCSE equivalent in India. HSC is an equivalent to GCEA Level in England.
I am a UnderGrad student right now. Studying at U of Mumbai.

Indian professions bachelors degree takes 4 years to complete; it includes Medical, engineering. Where as BA, BSc, Bachelors in Commerce take 3 years.
Thus, 10 years of secondary education + 2 years of college (A levels) + a bachelors of 3 years so it is 15 years of education.
Where as in USA there is
pre-KG (this may be optional), grade 1 to 4 + junior (grade 5 to 8) + High school (grade 9 to 12) + bachelors of 4 years making it 16 years of education

Reference:
http://vijaysvision.blogspot.in/2012/06/comparative-study-of-education-system.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate