AQA AS Geography Health topic, malnutrition??? Watch

Hellomoto.
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
just finished health and covered most things and was just checking the specification and was surprised to see malnutrition as a case study with obesity and famine. looked in the main geography books and tehre is no case studies for malnutrition!!!! apparantly it hasnt come up on a paper before? does anybody have this CS or have acutally looked at this topic???
jibble
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just know the definition, causes (i.e. lack of food or disease), and consequences. Most of the consequences will be the same as the consequences of famine... Be aware of things such as that people with AIDS are often susceptible to becoming malnourished due to the illness breaking down their immune system, and that malnutrition is often a direct result of poverty and food insecurity and therefore in LICs malnutrition is far more prevalent than in HICs.
Etc.
It's mainly common sense - don't worry about it.
bbadonde2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hellomoto.)
just finished health and covered most things and was just checking the specification and was surprised to see malnutrition as a case study with obesity and famine. looked in the main geography books and tehre is no case studies for malnutrition!!!! apparantly it hasnt come up on a paper before? does anybody have this CS or have acutally looked at this topic???
Be aware you don't need to know in depth case studies for this section, just examples.
Hellomoto.
(Original post by bbadonde2)
Be aware you don't need to know in depth case studies for this section, just examples.
thx both of u. i know that in depth case studies are not needed however to get good marks ie 13-15 mark schemes say "Support is present throughout" therefore basically, u need to say a impact is poverty, for example in ethoipia so no. of people are in poverty

just thought id mention it as it has never come up and its in none of the textbooks and my teacher just ignored famine + maln. =)
samthemiller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
there's a health topic???
Hellomoto.
looking at spec this is what came up last time 4
rivers
Magnitude-frequency analysis of flood risk. Flood management strategies – to include hard
engineering – dams
Factors affecting river discharge
cold environments
Glaciers as systems: glacial budgets.
Fluvioglacial processes, eskers
Ice movement – types of flow: internal deformation, rotational, compressional, extensional and basal
sliding; warm and cold based glaciers.
pop.
Settlement case studies-social welfare.
Attempts to manage population
change to achieve sustainable development with
reference to two case studies of countries at different
stages of development.
health
morbidity
A local case study on the implications of the above
for the provision of health care systems
The study of one infectious disease (e.g. malaria, HIV/
AIDS) its global distribution and its impact on health,
economic development and lifestyle.

some key things that i can see, no CS for a while for rivers, cold enviroments, for pop non-CS questions havent been used 4 a while anybody else see any pattern
bbadonde2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hellomoto.)
thx both of u. i know that in depth case studies are not needed however to get good marks ie 13-15 mark schemes say "Support is present throughout" therefore basically, u need to say a impact is poverty, for example in ethoipia so no. of people are in poverty

just thought id mention it as it has never come up and its in none of the textbooks and my teacher just ignored famine + maln. =)
I mean that it is not needed for the famine section! More in depth case studies are needed for say pharmaceutical companies and tobacco TNC's. I would learn the famine section as it is easy for them to ask questions on!
Hellomoto.
(Original post by bbadonde2)
I mean that it is not needed for the famine section! More in depth case studies are needed for say pharmaceutical companies and tobacco TNC's. I would learn the famine section as it is easy for them to ask questions on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads