UCAS ruined my life! How they mucked my application

Watch
z_786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey All, I've had a lot of problems with UCAS. I applied for various uni's via UCAS and had two unconditional offers by them. The next day when I went to see my applications. It had said all my applications where declined! I was shocked. I called UCAS and they told me that the uni's declined it, and when I call up the uni's they say that UCAS declined it! I am so confused and no way out. Can someone please help me out here. In a terrible situation.
Laurasurreal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by z_786)
Hey All, I've had a lot of problems with UCAS. I applied for various uni's via UCAS and had two unconditional offers by them. The next day when I went to see my applications. It had said all my applications where declined! I was shocked. I called UCAS and they told me that the uni's declined it, and when I call up the uni's they say that UCAS declined it! I am so confused and no way out. Can someone please help me out here. In a terrible situation.
Oh my!
Do more phone calls or better, emails. And forward it to the unis/UCAS. They can say whatever they like over the phone but emails could be your proof.
I really hope it was just a technical glitch. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
mderi2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's just a technical mistake that can simply be remedied by calling the right persons at both UCAS and the unis. Calm down.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whenever you speak to UCAS or unis over the phone ask for and write down:
- the full name of who you're speaking to
- their job title (and department)
- the date/time you called
- what you said
- what they said

and ask if you can have an email address to contact them to confirm the conversation in writing.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As above.

Phone UCAS again. Be very polite. Ask what has happened as you thought you had two unconditional offers.
z_786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurasurreal)
Oh my!
Do more phone calls or better, emails. And forward it to the unis/UCAS. They can say whatever they like over the phone but emails could be your proof.
I really hope it was just a technical glitch. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Laura, I have sent recorded letters and emails. But still no reply back.
z_786
Rep:
?
Hi All, This is really stressing me out. Me and a Careers Advisor called UCAS today and the advisor said that Uni Of Glasgow Decined my offer whereas when we called Uni Of Glasgow they are telling us that UCAS had declined. So basically they are ignoring the problem and putting the issue upon eachother!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (8)
12.31%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.62%
I need help with my personal statement (28)
43.08%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (16)
24.62%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.62%

Watched Threads