The Student Room Group

Statistics AQA coursework 2014

Hey, i was wondering what are the topics for statistics coursework of 2014 for AQA in IGCSE, Has anyone got them yet? Should get them around March or maybe later...
Another thing... How long do we get to do it and where do we usually do it? In school or at home?
Reply 1
hi
im in year 10 and i am doing my aqa stats this year.
weve started our controlled assessment and we are doing it at home.
the 75% worth exam is in june but the control assessment and the written assessment for it each carrying 12.5% are due towards the end of march. hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by missmay
hi
im in year 10 and i am doing my aqa stats this year.
weve started our controlled assessment and we are doing it at home.
the 75% worth exam is in june but the control assessment and the written assessment for it each carrying 12.5% are due towards the end of march. hope this helps!

Thanks, by the way, which topic did you choose? And how long does you class have to finish it? They gave us very short amount of time...
the topics are:
1.Which type of books are more cheaper
2.where is the most crime in uk

i hope this helps emad
Reply 4
topic was which type of books are cheaper
Reply 5
I am sitting the Written Assessment next week and have no clue what is going to come up. Can someone give me any info?the topic I chose is 'Which Book Is Cheaper?'
Reply 6
hey i have done that one. it was last Wednesday...
um basically they ask you questions based in your calculation. diagrams you did for your controlled assessment and reasons for your choice. in section b they ask u to write out a long 9 mark worth answer which kinda links into your original investigation. i dont wanna give too much away cuz obviously that is not right and unfair on other students. so good luck. i personally found that quite easy but i dont know. god luck again. do well. dont panic.
Reply 7
I did it! Was fine actually and I didn't find it too hard which was good :smile: So pleased I got it out the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
ya same here too. same here phew now i can breathe oh no wait the rest of the gcse is in 2 month, noooooooo lol!
Reply 9
Only 3 weeks now :frown: better get on with revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest