How good are girls at judging a guys height??

Watch
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm just wondering, since I saw this poll on tsr regarding what is the minimum height you would date somebody at - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll...s&pollid=38189 I'm curious to know how well a girl can judge a guys height? Assuming this is enforced fairly strictly?

Its no surprise that the minimum height for the majority girls always seems to lie around the 5'7/5'8 mark. I didn't even have to look at that to confirm what I already knew.

So of course what height am I? Yep exactly 5'7.5 (this would be evening height when you are at your shortest, earlier in the day I would be closer to 5'8).

So for example say if I met one of the many girls who when asked said she prefers her guy to be a minimum of 5'8, will she be able to know that I am half an inch shorter than that? And thus refuse me based on that?

You see I don't whether most women can judge height so accurately, I guess a girl around 5'7 and 5'8 possibly could tell my height, even then some of this depends a what a guys footwear is.

So girls can you judge a guys height reasonably well? Clearly unless you're blind you can tell I'm not 6ft , and still most should tell I'm under 5'10. I lie in the so called 'danger zone' and I'm just wanting to know.
esjae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can barely judge height in any gender... I'm terrible. So I'd be a poor judge of height ha

So as long as I guy is taller than I am I don't really care...
Leftee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think too many people - guys especially - get hung up on height. If the girl is 5"6 then i don't think she'll care if the guy is only 5"7. Cause he's still taller than her, right?
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm really bad at judging any height over 5'3. (I'm 5'2.)
Solemn Rain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
so why are you concerned?
suzylemonade
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's really not that hard to judge height to a certain degree of accuracy. So you can usually tell when a guy is over 6ft, or if a guy is 5ft.
But really, I don't give too much of a toss. A guy really just needs to be taller than me- that's it. (I'm 5'8 by the way)
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's pretty easy for me - if I have to look up to look him in the face he's in there with a shot.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Unlikely, most people over estimate heights. I think it mostly stems from the number of people claiming to be 6ft or more who clearly aren't. I'm about 5'9" (I haven't measured myself recently, but I'm 21 so I can't imagine I'm still growing much), so slightly below average of 5'10" but I've people who are only slightly taller than me, claim to be 6ft and then seem surprised when I tell them how tall I am.
One Man Band
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm 6ft 5 so I'm a given to be taller than practically every girl, yet it hasn't helped so far.
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Absolutely terrible at it, I'll know if someone's pretty tall if I have to look up to talk to them and if they're quite short they're around my level
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm kind of accurate. As long as he's still a head or so taller than me when I'm wearing heels it's potential (of course other things factor in too), but it shouldn't be hard, I'm 5'3"/5'2".
Ebony19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
obsession
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't imagine there are many people who would be that fussy about it. Even if they could tell you were half an inch shorter than their minimum height preference, which hardly anyone would be able to.
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pretty well. Sharp eye.
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Leftee)
I think too many people - guys especially - get hung up on height. If the girl is 5"6 then i don't think she'll care if the guy is only 5"7. Cause he's still taller than her, right?
No its got to be while she's in heels, and few inches above that as well.

Do you think bulking out would help? My brothers 5'7, half an inch or so smaller me and the vast majority of people think he looks taller. He's 13+ stone and I'm 10.5-11. I'm thinking of trying to maintain a good posture I suppose would help as well. Just little things. Look I know I will always be short or sorts, but I've got to try and minimise as much as possible if I can.
Leftee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to start bulking out that's cool. A bit o' muscle, if you're lacking, will always look good i guess... You don't wanna start looking like a chode though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (173)
59.45%
No (65)
22.34%
Not sure (53)
18.21%

Watched Threads