How to get an A* in Marks Gospel, AQA

Watch
asapsimeon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a mock examination in GCSE Ethics and Mark's Gospel- i seem to have no problem with Ethics (already at an a*), but the highest ive gotten in Marks Gospel is an A grade, and i really want to secure an A*.

what are the best ways of going about Marks Gospel revision, and ethics revision for that matter?

any help is much appreciated.
fizzpop76
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What really important is your answering question technique. I did the same two exams marks in yr 9 and ethics in yr 10. I got a in marks and redid it in yr ten and still got an a but it was a higher mark, while getting an a* in ethics, making it a overall. You're probably wondering where I am going with this but basically the reason I got the higher mark the second time round even though I did practically no revision was because I did more practise questions while preparing for marks and ethics. In year 9 I spent so much time just learning all the knowledge stuff and when it came to answering the questions properly I couldn't do it. So basically what I am saying is make sure you've got a good question technique as well as SPAG as that is now a whopping 5% of it and you should be fine!

Good Luck
asapsimeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by fizzpop76)
What really important is your answering question technique. I did the same two exams marks in yr 9 and ethics in yr 10. I got a in marks and redid it in yr ten and still got an a but it was a higher mark, while getting an a* in ethics, making it a overall. You're probably wondering where I am going with this but basically the reason I got the higher mark the second time round even though I did practically no revision was because I did more practise questions while preparing for marks and ethics. In year 9 I spent so much time just learning all the knowledge stuff and when it came to answering the questions properly I couldn't do it. So basically what I am saying is make sure you've got a good question technique as well as SPAG as that is now a whopping 5% of it and you should be fine!

Good Luck
Thanks, much appreciated
itssimplyme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Learn your set texts
asapsimeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by itssimplyme)
Learn your set texts
thanks, what grade did you get?
itssimplyme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by asapsimeon)
thanks, what grade did you get?
An A*
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by asapsimeon)
I have a mock examination in GCSE Ethics and Mark's Gospel- i seem to have no problem with Ethics (already at an a*), but the highest ive gotten in Marks Gospel is an A grade, and i really want to secure an A*.

what are the best ways of going about Marks Gospel revision, and ethics revision for that matter?

any help is much appreciated.
If they ask something like "can miracles happen?"
For yes say:
"because it says so in the Bible"

Used it every time and got 97 UMS
asapsimeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by itssimplyme)
An A*
well done
asapsimeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by ILovePancakes)
If they ask something like "can miracles happen?"
For yes say:
"because it says so in the Bible"

Used it every time and got 97 UMS
hl7495
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
jm4425
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 99/100 in my Mark's Gospel. Learn the key texts word perfect and write the whole texts if they ask to give an account (even if it looks like they don't want the whole thing - better safe than sorry). For the Do You Agree questions I made at least six points on each side (more in section B). Don't reference anything outside Mark's Gospel and you'd be surprised what points you can make from the set texts. The first thing you should do when you go into the exam is have a look at section B and decide what one you want to do - that way you can think of your answer throughout the exam. Write really fast and you should have no/very little time at the end of the exam (I think I had like 2 or 3 mins left).

Posted from TSR Mobile
strxwberry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can i ask what you mean by "the key texts"? do you mean the main stories? how did you memorise the stories off by heart because i still end up forgetting key points
jm4425
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pretty much all the stories in the yellow boxes in the text book. I learned the stories just by learning them over the year for class tests then the weekend before the exam I wrote them out and started reading them out aloud A LOT. Eventually they just click

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads