Jingling noise from underneath car, what could it be?

Watch
Pretty Boy'
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Noticed a few days back, when car is idling or driving slow I can hear a jingling /rattling noise under my car, what could it be?

I'm thinking could it be the catalytic converter? car lacks power and is high on emissions and the jingling will kind of confirm it, thank you
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pretty Boy')
Noticed a few days back, when car is idling or driving slow I can hear a jingling /rattling noise under my car, what could it be?

I'm thinking could it be the catalytic converter? car lacks power and is high on emissions and the jingling will kind of confirm it, thank you
It could be a cat.
Pretty Boy'
Rep:
?
(Original post by ILovePancakes)
It could be a cat.

I'm hoping it is, I have been debating about getting a CAT for a while as emissions are high, fuel consumption is high, lacking power points to Catalytic converter failure, kind of hope it is instead of something else as the cat is inexpensive to replace

The jingling noise only began I think a few days ago.
IFoundWonderland
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm hoping it is, I have been debating about getting a CAT for a while as emissions are high, fuel consumption is high, lacking power points to Catalytic converter failure, kind of hope it is instead of something else as the cat is inexpensive to replace

The jingling noise only began I think a few days ago.
Ooopss. I meant a cat.. as in the animal that goes meow I know nothing about cars and no one else answered..

There was a bit on BBC news about a dog being stuck in a car and I suppose I thought I was being funny.......
bluemax
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Santa Claus :teehee:
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My car had a scary noise, and it was the exhaust mounting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty Boy'
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
My car had a scary noise, and it was the exhaust mounting

Posted from TSR Mobile

expenive to repair? yay or nay ??
Ooopss. I meant a cat.. as in the animal that goes meow I know nothing about cars and no one else answered..

There was a bit on BBC news about a dog being stuck in a car and I suppose I thought I was being funny.......
stupid ******* aren't ya !
skotch
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A pack of rats have formed a jazz band and are using the underside of your car as their rehearsal space. They're called The Rat Pack.
IFoundWonderland
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

stupid ******* aren't ya !
That's rude. Don't call me stupid. Or a *******.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, i told my daddy, and he took Rich and I to this garage he knows, and the garage fixed Rich for free.

So I don't know if it's usually expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SaucySarah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

probably a loose muffler or a problem with the exhaust, just get your mechanic to have a quick look, shouldn't cost much.
Pretty Boy'
Rep:
?
(Original post by SaucySarah)
probably a loose muffler or a problem with the exhaust, just get your mechanic to have a quick look, shouldn't cost much.

already spent almost £2000 on fixing the car over nearly a 2 year period, I'm hoping it is the catalytic converter as I want to replace that anyway, to buy a new cat and have it fitted, I'm looking at about £80 if a friend fits it for me and I buy the part so £80 total
That's rude. Don't call me stupid. Or a *******.

well if your going to act like one, you'll get treated like thee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (439)
56.35%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.65%

Watched Threads