The Student Room Group

A level choices!help?

Got my alevel choices tonight and not sure what to do! Was thinking geography maths economics and business studies! Is that a good combination anyone know? I didn't do economics or business studies for gcse but I dine geography and additional maths, if anyone has any info on what economics is like or any advice on my options that would be appreciated thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by Eimlough
Got my alevel choices tonight and not sure what to do! Was thinking geography maths economics and business studies! Is that a good combination anyone know? I didn't do economics or business studies for gcse but I dine geography and additional maths, if anyone has any info on what economics is like or any advice on my options that would be appreciated thanks x

are economics and business seperate?
Reply 2
Original post by 391iady
are economics and business seperate?

Yea, business studies are more got to do with running a business and economics is more the maths end of things I think, there deffinatly separate just not really sure what economics is :smile:
Reply 3
Yea, business studies are more got to do with running a business and economics is more the maths end of things I think, there deffinatly separate just not really sure what economics is :smile:

There's a A-Level subject choice called "Economics and business studies" or are they the 2 seperate choices "economics" and "business studies". :rofl:
Reply 4
Original post by Dilzo999
There's a A-Level subject choice called "Economics and business studies" or are they the 2 seperate choices "economics" and "business studies". :rofl:

The ones I'm considering are 2 sperate ones
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
The ones I'm considering are 2 sperate ones

I wouldn't do those 2. Universities don't like it when you do both economics and business studies as they see them as "one subject". Do the better subject economics and switch business studies with something else.
Reply 6
Original post by Dilzo999
I wouldn't do those 2. Universities don't like it when you do both economics and business studies as they see them as "one subject". Do the better subject economics and switch business studies with something else.

Ok! thanks for the help! Do you know is economics hard?

It's really easy if you find it interesting. In my class though, even people who don't particularly enjoy it don't seem to find it impossible.
Reply 8

It is tough, but if you start revision early and go over everything properly then it's easy to get an A/A*.
Reply 9
Yeah I would reiterate not to do both Economics and Business Studies, I know some people who did this and they're regretting it now because they're too similar. To answer your question if Economics is hard, it's not that hard because the things you learn are quite logical and it's made easier if you take an interest in the news so that you can see real life examples of the stuff you learn, which helps your understanding.

Quick Reply

Latest