The Student Room Group

Would you rather be Good Looking or Smart

Share with me, personally I'd rather be smart.

Scroll to see replies

Smart

you can always get good looking women with money etc :wink:
Reply 2
It depends. Would i be hideous if i were smart? Would i be incredibly dense but make the ladies swoon?

Regardless i'd probably rather be a panty-dropper.
Good looking. Lets be honest, everything will fall into place for a good looking person, if you're smart you still have to work hard for little recognition.
What type of a question to ask on a student forum where of people feel the need to justify being shy by covering it up with being academic.
I'd rather be smart than good-looking. I get a lot more out of life by how I think (many of my hobbies/interests are intrinsically strategic) than I do from women gawking at me.. which isn't often, anyway.
Good looking I suppose if it came with average smartness :smile:
Good looking, I'm not the brightest kid on the block and I do alright at the moment.
Reply 8
Smart for sure.
Stephen Hawking has done well :smile:
I'd rather just stay good looking and smart :wink:

but to answer the question, I'd rather be good looking as long as I wasn't completely stupid
Reply 10
is it like joey essex or stephen hawking, or is it like sliders where you can add looks by subtracting intellect?
Reply 11
For men - Smart ($$$$ is King)
For women - good looking (to get a guy with lots of $$$$)
Good looking.

Because you can work hard and put the effort into being "smart"
Reply 13
Smart, looks fade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Smart. Looks fade.

Edit: Just saw person above me said the exact same thing. Point still stands. :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Smart. Good looks can easily be gained.
Reply 16
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
Good looking.

Because you can work hard and put the effort into being "smart"

I'd personally disagree you can put effort into being "smart." You can certainly improve your knowledge but you can't really change your thought processes and mental ability easily.

If i had to pick one then smart.
Original post by Idle
I'd personally disagree you can put effort into being "smart." You can certainly improve your knowledge but you can't really change your thought processes and mental ability easily.

If i had to pick one then smart.

True but it depends.
The average person has the potential to learn and do amazing things, but the average person is also lazy and doesn't work to the level they are fully capable of working at.

Sure "Smart" people will have things come easier to them, but mentality is more important ...
Reply 18
Would the lesser quality be average or low? You can lead a good life with good looks and average intelligence. But good looks and low intelligence? It's still an option, but the opportunity of getting a good degree still stands with average intelligence.
Reply 19
Smart. I could get by wearing a bag over my head if the worst came the worst.

Quick Reply

Latest