World Cup Coverup: Is Brazil Ready?

Watch this thread
adammedia
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Found this article on Brazil's readiness for the world cup. Interesting ready, are they ready from a political and physical standpoint? The World Cup is sure to inject money into their economy, but how long will it last, and locals have said the money spent was desperately needed elsewhere in public services.

http://pandasweeps.com/2014-fifa-wor...azil-be-ready/
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by adammedia)
Found this article on Brazil's readiness for the world cup. Interesting ready, are they ready from a political and physical standpoint? The World Cup is sure to inject money into their economy, but how long will it last, and locals have said the money spent was desperately needed elsewhere in public services.

http://pandasweeps.com/2014-fifa-wor...azil-be-ready/

Developing countries shouldn't be selected to host the World Cup. Just like India with their space projects - you have mega slums where people are living in shameful conditions, through no fault of their own, while their national governments decide to spend money on less worthwhile issues.

FIFA also insist on spanking new stadiums though and it wouldn't surprise me to see developing countries that are not oil rich end up having their fingers burned because the gamble on having this expensive sporting event has ended up making them lose money rather than gain. It's also an issue that developing countries should take note of, as I believe we suffered a hit on the Olympics. If a developed country can overspend and suffer consequences from that, then developing countries doing the same will suffer far more as a result.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (34)
26.98%
As I expected (42)
33.33%
Harder (43)
34.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.56%

Watched Threads