The Student Room Group

How Hard is University Maths on scale of 1 to 10?

Im self studying maths a level and nearly finished C4, about to progress to the further maths modules and its interesting, not too difficult. I just want to know say if A level maths in terms of difficulty is 5/10 what is degree level maths out of 10?

Im waiting for someone to post an improper fraction like 99999/10 lol... But open to opinions..
Reply 2
Well that would depend on how good you are at maths. C1-4 is probably like a 2 though :lol:
Reply 3
Undergrad maths is such a different ball game to A-Level maths it's difficult even beginning to putting a number on it. Although if I were to say undergrad maths was a 9/10, I'd also have to say A-Level maths was ~1/10 on the basis I didn't find it difficult at all.
A level mathematics is nothing compared to undergraduate level. If you are naturally good and able to understand the concepts quickly, you'll be OK I think. If however you don't understand it too well and get by through memorising formulas then don't do it.
Reply 5
Cambridge Maths is like 2.5/10

IMO's is like a 4/10
It depends entirely on where you go, and your natural ability. If you find A-level is 5/10 then you probably won't succeed at Cambridge. But you could well be fine elsewhere!

Quick Reply

Latest