HarryLane12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
  1. Harper Adams vs Newcastle

My friend has an offer for Agriculture at Harper Adams and at Newcastle, which would be the better option for him?
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Harper Adams, hands down. It is far superior in every way, and I'm not just saying that because I'm at Harper.
HarryLane12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Any particular reason why?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HarryLane12)
Any particular reason why?
The parties are amazing, the night life is incredible and the teaching standard is excellent. It is only a small uni so it is like a big of students rather than being split up in to separate groups. And if your friend is a fresher next year it will be a year to remember.
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
The parties are amazing, the night life is incredible and the teaching standard is excellent. It is only a small uni so it is like a big of students rather than being split up in to separate groups. And if your friend is a fresher next year it will be a year to remember.
Wait, what? Harper Adams as in Edgmond, Nr Newport, Shropshire?! What nightlife are you talking about?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
Wait, what? Harper Adams as in Edgmond, Nr Newport, Shropshire?! What nightlife are you talking about?
Newport the town made up of nothing but cheap pubs and one hilariously tacky nightclub.

EDIT: By my count it is 10 pubs in Newport alone.
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Newport the town made up of nothing but cheap pubs and one hilariously tacky nightclub.

EDIT: By my count it is 10 pubs in Newport alone.
I know, I grew up there. Just because there are more pubs than card shops (a feat indeed) it doesn't mean it is actually a good nightlife. I moved to Coventry the moment I turned 18 and I would definitely say cities have a better nightlife (not just Coventry, based on other cities I have visited).

It's not just the nightlife, unless you can drive a car there is very little to do. Cinemas, ice rinks, etc. etc. they are all in Telford. Which is great if you have a car, but otherwise it's a bit difficult as buses aren't exactly frequent.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
I know, I grew up there. Just because there are more pubs than card shops (a feat indeed) it doesn't mean it is actually a good nightlife. I moved to Coventry the moment I turned 18 and I would definitely say cities have a better nightlife (not just Coventry, based on other cities I have visited).

It's not just the nightlife, unless you can drive a car there is very little to do. Cinemas, ice rinks, etc. etc. they are all in Telford. Which is great if you have a car, but otherwise it's a bit difficult as buses aren't exactly frequent.
Harper students love Newport. Rather than being stuck in some mega club with a small or large group of friends, you have an entire town where you will find a student at every pub. It is in my opinion better than any city and I live in Birmingham.

I don't drive a car but you will always know somebody know does. Every Wednesday there is the sports to watch in the afternoon then the SU parties on in the evening which are free for those who have paid their SU fees. On top of that there is normally an event on the weekends, with drinking activities. In fact the social calender is pretty rigorous.

On top of that there are the sports teams and societies. There are plenty of things to do to fill your time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?