The Student Room Group

What is the Longest you have spent in the gym.exerciseing or playing sport?

in one session

exerciseing can include walking or running etc

for me i have spent 2 hours walking a number of times

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by hbk4894
in one session

exerciseing can include walking or running etc

for me i have spent 2 hours walking a number of times

I have done 2 hours on a treadmill; running then walking to lower my heart rate, then running again. #ChubbyBoi
Reply 3
1hour 45mins of running. Not non-stop but as in going out on a run. It was a beautiful day and all the conditions were right, I felt full of energy ETC.!

Longest I've exercised as in walking is probably about 9 hours! A not-especially-speedy ascent and descent of Snowdon.
Original post by Jamerson
I have done 2 hours on a treadmill; running then walking to lower my heart rate, then running again. #ChubbyBoi

How did ChubbyBoi manage to run for so long?
Reply 5
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
How did ChubbyBoi manage to run for so long?

ChubbyBoi didn't manage to run for long, hence the intermittent walking!
Reply 6
4 hours swimming.
cos i wanted to avoid going home
Reply 7
I used to have 2/3 hour walks when I lived in the countryside with one particular friend. And in Squad I would swim for a couple of hours sometimes, although that's intermittent. These days if I do two hours of exercise it's because I have training and then a match straight afterwards (netball).
Just over 22 hours, running and walking (very short stops to eat, stretch, apply blister plasters, but no sleep or prolonged rest).

However with running the idea is generally to try to cover the distance in as short a time as possible (this was a very long distance run though).
Reply 9
12 hours cycling
Ran a marathon. 3hours 59
Original post by Angry cucumber
Ran a marathon. 3hours 59

Nice time! Which one did you do? And would you do another one?
Original post by standreams
Nice time! Which one did you do? And would you do another one?

Robin hood :smile:

Not in the near future, training is pretty brutal and I found running in excess of 16 miles quite tedious tbh
Reply 13
like 6 hours playing football in the park.... or a 3 hour rugby session, the gym maybe 1 hours 45 mins tops.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Robin hood :smile:

Not in the near future, training is pretty brutal and I found running in excess of 16 miles quite tedious tbh

Agreed- I hate the training and find it very boring. The actual races themelves are quite addictive though.
Reply 15
Race for life 2/3 hours
Reply 16
8 hours on a bike ride.

Only because I got lost, though.

Intentionally, probably only about 3 or 4 hours.
5 days. Continuous walking/ running over some hills in wales, with breaks every now and then for food, water and sleep.

#everydayalegday
(edited 10 years ago)
When I was a teen I would go skateboarding with my mates every day, and at the weekends we'd normally head out about 9 in the morning and be out until about midnight. We'd either be skating or walking to another spot which at times might have been over half an hour's walk. We'd pretty much only rest for food.

Wish I had that kind of relentless energy nowadays...
Used to play tennis for up to 12 hours a day before studies started taking to much of my time :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest