why is the guy the older one in big age gap relationships? Watch

vegantraveller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
it seems that almost every time you see a huge gap relationship here or irl the guy is almost always the older one. are men and women different in what they value in a partner? is this because of society or is it biological?
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Typically, women are more mature than men so go for older guys.
Like I am 19, cannot do 19 yo guys as their only concern is sex and getting smashed... (Generally speaking). Difficult to have an intelligent conversation either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The biological explanation would point towards the fact that woman lose their fertility before men. Therefore older males will seek out younger females.

Or it could just be that guys are more focused on looks, and girls more focused on money. Win-Win.
vegantraveller
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
The biological explanation would point towards the fact that woman lose their fertility before men. Therefore older males will seek out younger females.

Or it could just be that guys are more focused on looks, and girls more focused on money. Win-Win.
so fertility and good genes vs resources. isn't that biology as well?
bluemax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Girls just like older men. There are very few men who will go for an older girl. :dunno:
mrhedgehog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by marinaim)
Like I am 19, cannot do 19 yo guys as their only concern is sex and getting smashed... (Generally speaking). Difficult to have an intelligent conversation either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generalising much
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Girls like wealth and status in a man and older men generally have more wealth and more status than younger ones

Whereas men are generally attracted to youth and beauty in a woman

/thread
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because older men can get the younger girls under the guise of being more mature.

I am also fairly certain the fact a guy in his mid 30s will have a much healthier bank account than a guy the girls age will help.

Basically it can all be justified by throwing the word "mature" around a lot, generally used to justify it, more to the girl than anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seeing as we are generalising. 99% of girls who date guys who have an age gap of 10 or more years do so because they have unresolved father issues.
Jamerson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Women want a mature man, older men want sex with young tight girls.

#Generalising2DaMAX
Over2you
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is a massive generalisation, but hey what the heck...

There are a number of reasons, but I think one of them is that older women usually carry more "baggage" than older men, and as such guys tend to date younger women because it's just seen as "easier" and they have less "bag". Whether or not that is true, I don't know. It's definitely plausible as a lot of my guy friends have said this to me.
Polkadot2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Evolutionary it is argues that women like older men as they have more resources e.g food, protection, status. Whereas men prefer younger females to increase their chances of fertilisation and passing on genes.

I think there is still an aspect of this, older men are more mature and experienced whereas younger women are still beautiful and the 'ideal' age. I think modernly, our ideals and value are heavily influenced by the media. The juxtaposition between men and women's portrayal highlights the still fixed stereotypes. For example an older single man can still be presented as attractive with silver hair and success in business, a cool sexy bachelor. Whereas the spinster is typically depressed, at home with loads of cats, not so cool and certainly not attractive. (Examples are just for perspective, I am not saying I agree with them or how it should be, but that's how it is)
Chihiro95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Huskaris)
Because older men can get the younger girls under the guise of being more mature.

I am also fairly certain the fact a guy in his mid 30s will have a much healthier bank account than a guy the girls age will help.

Basically it can all be justified by throwing the word "mature" around a lot, generally used to justify it, more to the girl than anything else.

Seeing as we are generalising. 99% of girls who date guys who have an age gap of 10 or more years do so because they have unresolved father issues.
Lol noooooo. I think she's right. It's really hard to find the right type in 19 year olds. Also, older men tend to be more wise and responsible which are attractive traits.
Huskaris
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chihiro95)
Lol noooooo. I think she's right. It's really hard to find the right type in 19 year olds. Also, older men tend to be more wise and responsible which are attractive traits.
Or they deliberately make themselves look like that to fool young girls.

There's no pussy like tight young foolish pussy.
Inazuma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mrhedgehog)
Generalising much

Sorry that's why I said typically, obviously there are major exceptions! And any answer will have to be a generalization as each situation is different - this is my generalization and I think the biggest one; daddy issues and money being other examples.
I just see that as personally being typical. I don't have daddy issues lol but I prefer older guys :dontknow:
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Girls with daddy issues
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry that's why I said typically, obviously there are major exceptions! And any answer will have to be a generalization as each situation is different - this is my generalization and I think the biggest one; daddy issues and money being other examples.
I just see that as personally being typical. I don't have daddy issues lol but I prefer older guys :dontknow:
I'm talking about what you said about 19 year old guys, it sounds like you were talking about all of them.
Chihiro95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Or they deliberately make themselves look like that to fool young girls.

There's no pussy like tight young foolish pussy.
This is exactly the type of immature speech that girls find unattractive.
Inazuma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mrhedgehog)
I'm talking about what you said about 19 year old guys, it sounds like you were talking about all of them.
sorry, didn't want to repeat typically/generally etc and etc. I mean I've yet to find many 19yos who are mature - not just not always on the pisser, but mature in conversation, but also experienced at relationships. Maybe I'm asking too much of a 19yo haha but still!
Huskaris
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chihiro95)
This is exactly the type of immature speech that girls find unattractive.
I'm sorry I just find myself being deemed immature by some girl who thinks that going out with someone in their 30s quite insulting.

It's the girls in their teens who think that a relationship with a thirty something will last who are the ones who are immature and naive. How many of them last the distance.... 1/100 maybe. The fact is the guys love it because you can run rings round a teenager.

The best bit about teenage girls is they think they are so mature when they are anything but. So they think they are in control and in the know, it makes it 100 times easier to pull the wool over their eyes.
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
sorry, didn't want to repeat typically/generally etc and etc. I mean I've yet to find many 19yos who are mature - not just not always on the pisser, but mature in conversation, but also experienced at relationships. Maybe I'm asking too much of a 19yo haha but still!
Hmm yeah you might be or maybe you can try talking age out of the equation completely and just looking at how mature they are and their personalities. Some 25 year old can be more immature than some 19 year old.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads