Betting Wise , what has been your biggest win / what has been your biggest letdown

Watch
hbk4894
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i dont bet myself so was just wondering if anyone here has much luck also what has been your biggest let down for example betting £30 on Arsenal thinking they are going to win vs a team they should be beating then they lose to that team.
LukeM90
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think it was over 2 years ago, I got an accumulator based on Newcastle and another team winning, but arsenal losing (odds in favor as everyone thought they'd win) I remember basing it around reading an article about the team having lack of faith in their management or somthing (not an arsenal fan)

that and pot luck.. anyway it paid off and I ended up with over hundred quid, from a 10r

another example was betting on paddy doherty to win celeb big brother, I based it on people hoping hed batter the **** outta someone eventually, thus keeping him in the house.

Might of been luck but it paid off too, I won a couple of hundred on that cos people thought jedward or someone would win I duno
little_tom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
whatever it is it cant be worse than this

(they drew)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...t-Stadium.html
mrdoovde1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not much of a betting person, but most I won is like £40 on a £5 3-fold accumulator. Think it was Chelsea and United to win plus Arsenal not to win against Everton earlier this Season.

Most I lost is £25 again this season for Bayern to beat Man City at the Allianz...
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last season I had an absolutely unbelievable run. Paddy Power were offering 'double delight' and 'hattrick heaven' - Put money on 1st goalscorer and if they score a second the odds are doubled, and a hattrick for trebled odds.

On Monday I stuck a £10 on RVP to score first against Villa. He got a hatty
Rolled over all my winnings bar the £10 on Muller first goal against Barca the following night. He did and got a second.
I put all those winnings on Lewandowski scoring first against Madrid on the Wednesday. He got 4.

I then put 1/2 of my total winnings on Dortmund winning in the final. Oops. Still a very tasty profit overall though.
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Obviously I've had bigger losses in my time but this was the most agonising.

I put a £2 accumulator on about a month and a half ago.

Sunderland to bear newcaslte (result 3-0 sunderland)
West Ham to beat swansea (result 2-0 West Ham)
Cardiff to beat norwich (result 2-1 cardiff)
Everton to beat villa (result 2-1 everton
Southampton to beat fulham (result 3-0 southampton)
Hull v Totenham draw (1-1 Draw)
Stoke v Man Utd Draw (Result 2-1 Stoke)

This would have returned £1500 and at the 65ish minute there were only 2/3 games going my way then by the 80thish minute all bar the United game matched my bet. I was sure theyd equalise and i'd already started planning what i was going to spend it on. Then the people on Final Score got excited but it turned out that mata had missed a sitter. I was so gutted I was a man united equaliser away from £1500 off a £2 bet.
Blind Ferret
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got hammered on my own watching United (last season) and put £50 on RVP hattrick at half-time. He had one in the game, went on to score a second, then for 2 consecutive chances he proceeded to backheel the ball at the net. So I passed out, which made it OK.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Overall? I once lost £500 playing poker over a night when I was big into it at Uni. Someone rivered a full house to beat my trips at one stage. Raging.

However I had Kauto Star in the 2009 Gold Cup against Denman, had about £400 on him IIRC to collect about a grand. But I'd also lost on Kauto the year before.

Also had about £300 on Barca to beat Utd in the 2011 CL final which was pretty straightforward.

Never really bet on football anymore but at one stage I think I was borderline addicted. Used to put £100 on games like it was nothing and I remember vividly a severe losing streak at the 2010 WC. Serbia let me down in the group stage badly, lost a lot on Brazil to beat Portugal and I had a fair whack on Spain to beat Switzerland in their first game. Was deeply in the hole until I started betting religiously on Holland at every stage. Put something like £50 on them to beat Brazil at half time at 3/1 IIRC. Had to back Holland in the final on principle(family connections) and had about £150 on them, had they won I'd have been a rich man...

Generally dont bet anymore because once I get into a routine, my bets will spiral and it becomes dangerous. Stick to the odd £50 every now and again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%