Sam227
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
In approaching May/June Session 2014, I will be appearing in four subjests of AS level, namely BIology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths. The remaining papers of these subjects will be completed in May/June Session 2015. As I read in the admission requirements of several universities overseas, I found that knowledge in the subjects like that of sociology and English Language are appreciated. So, should I appear in these two subjects in the Oct/Nov Session 2014 or simply concentrate on the 4 subjects I am already studying?
Taliahart
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

do you mind me asking what country you are from/ what overseas countries you're looking at.

Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths are considered "facilitating subjects" which means that all universities in the UK (at least) regard them as valuable A Levels, and they don't limit your options. English Language and Sociology are not considered as "valuable" by some unis, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take them!

I assume you are doing something scientific at uni - and some universities will want to know you can write essays, which the A Levels you take do not contain.Usually they'd prefer a humanity like English Lit, History or Geography over sociology or Language (although this is dependent on course). However, those 4 A Levels are widely considered valuable, and I doubt any uni would turn you down for not taking essay subjects. The 4 you take are fine
Sam227
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am from Pakistan, and I plan to apply to Weill Cornell Medical College Qatar
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads