The Student Room Group

Why is Nando's so overrated?

I don't like their chicken but their chips and salads are ok but nothing special, certainly not worth the amount they charge. Why do most people act like its the most amazing restraunt on earth? Am i the only one who feels this way?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because they're sheep basically.

They're more concerned about tagging themselves at nandos on Facebook or tweeting about it rather than actually enjoying it.
Reply 2
I've never eaten from or even heard of Nandos.

I could really go for some KFC now that you've brought up chicken, though...
Never been a big fan of Nando's tbh, much prefer pizza hut and MackyDs.
Because they give free chicken.
Original post by Jordooooom
Because they're sheep basically.

They're more concerned about tagging themselves at nandos on Facebook or tweeting about it rather than actually enjoying it.

The last bit made me lol because its so true haha
Original post by Leftee
I've never eaten from or even heard of Nandos.

I could really go for some KFC now that you've brought up chicken, though...

Never ever heard of Nandos? Have you been living under a rock? Lol
Reply 7
Original post by Secretnerd123
I don't like their chicken but their chips and salads are ok but nothing special, certainly not worth the amount they charge. Why do most people act like its the most amazing restraunt on earth? Am i the only one who feels this way?

Spoiler

Never been NANDO's.

Kfc have the best chicken lord have mercy.

McDonald's big mac wins everyday. ZERO competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Not too big on Nando's myself but it's a lot nicer to eat in than McDonalds or KFC.

It's more of a restaurant.
Original post by missfats
Never been NANDO's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

McDonalds milkshakes are the best. The strawberry one omg :coma:

Need to grab one tomorrow!
KFC is dirt. Nandos is barely passable.
Never been NANDO's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally disagree with you (although I don't post about it), but 100% agree here.
Reply 12
Never ever heard of Nandos? Have you been living under a rock? Lol

when i saw the quote notification i said to myself ''what's the bet she's made a ''living under a rock'' comment". :rolleyes:

I guess i deserved it if they are as popular as you say, but i live in a relatively remote area that only has a McDonalds, soo...
Reply 13
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
Normally disagree with you (although I don't post about it), but 100% agree here.

At least we can settle our differences for McDonald's?

What do you think?:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leftee
when i saw the quote notification i said to myself ''what's the bet she's made a ''living under a rock'' comment". :rolleyes:

I guess i deserved it if they are as popular as you say, but i live in a relatively remote area that only has a McDonalds, soo...

Ohh i seee. I don't blame you then :tongue: they're not found everwhere..
Reply 15
McDonalds milkshakes are the best. The strawberry one omg :coma:

Need to grab one tomorrow!

Somalis & McDonald's strawberry milkshake :redface:mg:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Somalis & McDonald's strawberry milkshake :redface:mg:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha. Im the only person in my family who likes it. Everyone else is more of a choc/vanilla fan
Reply 17
Nando's appeals to the family friendly demographics. I am not too keen on its food.

Nando's does lots of marketing to put its brand in the media. I heard that it distributes VIP cards for free meals to C-list celebrities so they name drop Nando's in interviews or social media.
Reply 18
I'd never even heard of it until someone who used to work there told me that they just microwave the food. Haven't lived in England for the past 8ish years and only ever seen one once on my visits back home
I like it. The sauces are nice and the unlimited drinks are cool. The location is nice and I think it has a nice feel about it.

I wasn't aware it was highly rated, and I can't imagine why people would be tagging themselves in Nando's.

Quick Reply

Latest