The Student Room Group

Anyone fancy helping me shorten a research proposal? Soc Anth

Hello
I am trying to shorten a research proposal to get it down to half it's current length. From 2000 words to 1000.
I would love some advice on what you think could be cut. I know I am just being too precious and too wordy, and that they must need less or they would be asking for a bigger word count. But what to axe?!
If anyone is not already going crazy with their own proposals and wouldnt mind taking a look I would be most grateful, and happy to advise on a proposal/letter etc in return.
I have been given an offer at Cambridge but working on funding application!
Rosie
Reply 1
I got cut-happy and just went for it. It's 1190 now. The application does say 'not more than 1000 words' but I don't think I can do much more than that and it still make sense. I am going to sleep on it tonight and try again tomorrow (deadline 28 March), but please do let me know if anyone is willing to take a look - much appreciated!
Reply 2
I'd be up for it!
Reply 3
Original post by nunugab
I'd be up for it!

Thanks so much, have PMed you, to see if the offer still stands :smile:
Reply 4
OK so went back up to 1500 when I realised the method needed more detail, and now had to cut even more overview and research questions back down to 1180. Oh the joys of word counts.

You just know that the last thing you cut will be the one thing that would have made a difference.
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending