Like a girl but we don't have much in common

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok well i met this girl through a society i'm in and i find her very cute and pretty, however although we both like music (the society of which we are both in) she has completely different tastes in music as i do (she likes goth style music, i'm not a huge fan) and from conversations with her i se that we don't have much in common yet i still have a slight crush on her, now i'm doing my best not to put roots down this year as i am in my final year at uni and don't know where i'm goning to be after i graduate, she is also a self confessed goth, she loves the culture, the art, the music etc.

So what to do?
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just be friends? There's no other way to put this, sorry
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe you will have great sex in common. Sex AND music, that's like a perfect match.

However there is only one way to find this out.
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok well i met this girl through a society i'm in and i find her very cute and pretty, however although we both like music (the society of which we are both in) she has completely different tastes in music as i do (she likes goth style music, i'm not a huge fan) and from conversations with her i se that we don't have much in common yet i still have a slight crush on her, now i'm doing my best not to put roots down this year as i am in my final year at uni and don't know where i'm goning to be after i graduate, she is also a self confessed goth, she loves the culture, the art, the music etc.

So what to do?
You don't necessarily have to like the same music. Do you get on with each other? The contrast in tastes could be quite fun, if you're a bit open. I don't think music is the be-all. Do you get on well with each other? If so, it's not completely out of the question.
Xyloid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When was liking the same music ever an important thing to have in common with a person after the age of 13 ?

If you don't have anything else in common then it's probably best you leave it. I made this mistake towards the end of last year.

There was girl who I liked, found physically attractive etc - but we had absolutely nothing in common and in the end that was the most unattractive thing of all. I'm glad I put an end to it in hindsight because I remember being in two minds about whether to pursue anything or not. It would have been terrible if I had (looking back).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Pride)
You don't necessarily have to like the same music. Do you get on with each other? The contrast in tastes could be quite fun, if you're a bit open. I don't think music is the be-all. Do you get on well with each other? If so, it's not completely out of the question.
I havne't really spoken to her since i asked her out before christmas, yet still have a crush n her which is annoying ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (58)
38.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (7)
4.61%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (33)
21.71%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
9.21%

Watched Threads