jamalu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Who has been to a Physics Open Day at UCL in February and has got an offer? Also, what offers did you get?
Barney13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Went to the physics day in november and offer is AAB
jamalu
Rep:
?
do you think offers depend on predicted grades i.e. predicted slightly lower grades may mean you get AAB rather than AAA. Also, I've already have a Maths A Level at hand as I completed it in Year 12 (got an A so not great), do you think that will affect my offer?
Barney13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the converse is more likely, they aren't going to accept people with lower predicted grades more readily than people with higher predicted grades. I don't know how your maths result will affect your offer but an A in maths isn't something to be ashamed of.
jamalu
Rep:
?
I've had my open day on the 26th of feb and the interviewer (head of astrphysics) said i was very passionate and enthusiastic and im waiting for a response, i emailed and they said i should expect a response in a week or so from now. is it true if youve had an open day your a cert to get an offer?
jamalu
Rep:
?
Btw, what unis have you applied to what will you be likely to firm and insure?
lebron_23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I received an offer from UCL to study Theoretical Physics in early February and then was called to an open day about a week later. I didn't get called for an interview or anything which is strange, because everyone I know who applied for Physics was subjected to an interview.

My AS grades weren't fantastic; I got AAAC. My predicited grades are A*AA, which is perhaps why they gave me such a low offer (AAB) compared to some other.

Good luck with your exams and all that jazz
jamalu
Rep:
?
My AS grades were disgusting albeit i revised only on the day of the exams: got BBC (1 raw mark away from B for eco) Ive done my Maths in yr 12 and got an A. Predicted grades are AABa (Phys, Geog, Eco, AS Further M self-taught) so im hoping IF they do give me an offer after i attended the open day, i get AB (Phys and Geog probably)
aNewBeginning
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jamalu)
Who has been to a Physics Open Day at UCL in February and has got an offer? Also, what offers did you get?
I went to the same open day as you and have not heard anything back. Anxiously waiting will be my firm if I get it
Barney13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Btw, what unis have you applied to what will you be likely to firm and insure?
Just seen this sorry, I'm firming Imperial and insuring UCL
jamalu
Rep:
?
(Original post by aNewBeginning)
I went to the same open day as you and have not heard anything back. Anxiously waiting will be my firm if I get it
I just got rejected yesterday despite attending an Open Day, so Open Day invitation doesn't = offer. I can understand why I was rejected because of my predicted grades weren't as strong as the other applicants . Anyways, good luck with your applications.
aNewBeginning
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just got rejected yesterday despite attending an Open Day, so Open Day invitation doesn't = offer. I can understand why I was rejected because of my predicted grades weren't as strong as the other applicants . Anyways, good luck with your applications.
rejected here too. had 3 a's 1 b at a level although i had a 4 year gap due to medical reasons. gonna reapply next year though (ucl was my only choice since i could live at home and get in easily although i'll apply to more unis next year though)
jamalu
Rep:
?
rejected here too. had 3 a's 1 b at a level although i had a 4 year gap due to medical reasons. gonna reapply next year though (ucl was my only choice since i could live at home and get in easily although i'll apply to more unis next year though)
Commiserations, and my predicted grades were AAABa (Maths,Physics,Geography,Economi cs,Further Maths) as well. I wish that people would stop spreading the rumour that open day invite= offer. Anyways good luck next year. I have a decision to make between UCL Mech Eng and King's Physics.
aNewBeginning
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Commiserations, and my predicted grades were AAABa (Maths,Physics,Geography,Economi cs,Further Maths) as well. I wish that people would stop spreading the rumour that open day invite= offer. Anyways good luck next year. I have a decision to make between UCL Mech Eng and King's Physics.
Wonder if it was something to do with us not getting/being predicted A* in something. good luck with your decision though and with your future
jamalu
Rep:
?
Wonder if it was something to do with us not getting/being predicted A* in something. good luck with your decision though and with your future
My theory is that the places have been filled, and cannot give out any more
offers, because the people that apply at UCL, usually apply to oxbridge, imperial etc
jamalu
Rep:
?
My theory is that the places have been filled, and cannot give out any more
offers, because the people that apply at UCL, usually apply to oxbridge, imperial etc
I know someone who was predicted A*A*A, and was rejected without Open Day invite
aNewBeginning
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know someone who was predicted A*A*A, and was rejected without Open Day invite
ouch, guess we did well to get that far then at least
pauln9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only just seen this, but i went to that open day in February, and got an offer of AAB later that day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.63%
No (47)
21.56%
Not sure (41)
18.81%

Watched Threads