Please vote in the poll, should we drill the Arctic '' NOW'' ?

Watch
Poll: I think
It's cruel to drill the Arctic, leave it alone (17)
25%
We should Drill Now ! we need the gas and oil (24)
35.29%
we should drill in the future (9)
13.24%
Not Drill at all (18)
26.47%
Killed ur Mum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Gas and Oil Giant Shell and other Major companies such as BP have been eyeing up the Arctic for years to drill it's resources to obtain gas and oil.

Shell was granted the go ahead by America to drill there but several mishaps have occurred resulting in it's delayal and ever since they have been trying to prove their worthiness to drill there. and have already spent £5 billion + to get prepared
In 2012 the Arctic recorded it's lowest level of ice covering on record, this was great news for Shell who are impatiently waiting to drill it.

There are massive risks to the Arctic and it's animals including pollution, noise disturbance, oil spill, but many benefits for us.

Personally as much as I love the Arctic I now have kids of my own and want them to live a nice life in which for so they will need gas and oil, as said I love the Arctic but not as much as I love my family.
I think we should get drilling procedures for the Arctic underway to start this summer 2014.

is it now time that we should just drill the Arctic, yes or No ? please vote
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What happens if we don't want to vote NOW, but would rather take some time to consider it?
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
(Original post by cole-slaw)
What happens if we don't want to vote NOW, but would rather take some time to consider it?

I've included the poll.

Shell are all geared up now, they want to drill asap, they were supposed to start 2012 but certain safety criteria's have not been met and they are doing all they can to win approval, so far they look on track to drill this summer much to the dismay of Greenpeace activists
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is nothing in the Arctic of particular importance. It is a frozen tundra. Start drilling ASAP.
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
There is nothing in the Arctic of particular importance. It is a frozen tundra. Start drilling ASAP.

I somewhat agree but what about polar bears and other nature living there?
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
I need more people to respond please
yo radical one
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drill that **** nao
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
(Original post by yo radical one)
Drill that **** nao

what does nao mean?

SO does that mean Yes, you think Shell should drill the Arctic Now ?
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
SO far we are in favor of drilling the Arctic Now ! despite the negatives on nature and the animals living there such as the polar bears I personally think it's a good idea and it s for the best, when our children grow up they are going to need Gas and Oil, they won't have as much need for Polar bears and the like

Keep the votes and opinions coming in people
yo radical one
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Killed ur Mum)
what does nao mean?

SO does that mean Yes, you think Shell should drill the Arctic Now ?
means now

drill it ****er
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
(Original post by yo radical one)
means now

drill it ****er
I know this may sound selfish but I'm glad I'm not going to be alive in another 80 -100 years, the planet is ****ed up now due to human greed, just look at our weird weather, some of the weirdest weather on record over the past few years mainly due to our use of burning fossil fuels and greenhouse gases, now they are depleting and have warmed the earth it is melting the ice caps dramatically , as a result the ice has disappeared and they are preparing to drill the Arctic for more gas and oil which thy will burn and in return will create more pollution.

Just look at the extremely cold big freeze in America of - 40 Celsius and UK floods, we are told to expect that weather from now on

I am more concerned about our kids future than stupid Polar Bears to be honest ,
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Absolutely not. There's too much risk to wildlife from development of oil infrastructure and the risk of oil spills. Contrary to the poster above there's a lot of wildlife in the Arctic.

I can understand why drilling in the Arctic is being thought about, but reliance on fossil fuels cannot go on indefinitely. We will have to move away from fossil fuels anyway, better to do that sooner rather than later. Drilling in places like the Arctic just gives us an excuse to continue reliance on polluting fossil fuels for a bit longer.
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it should be drilled once the area melts more (as it will).
But we should be looking at alternatives for oil as well, otherwise there'll be a crisis.
However as a misanthropist, I don't really care about the eventual crisis. It's been looming since the Industrial Revolution.
Friar Chris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
DRILL IT, DRILL IT ALL.

Before Russia does.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think about poor polar bears!
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForgetMe)

I love Polar Bears but I love my family more. I have a baby son and when he grow's up if he wants a nice life he'll need gas and oil. I'm more interested in the future of our kids than that of Polar bears
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?

I love Polar Bears but I love my family more. I have a baby son and when he grow's up if he wants a nice life he'll need gas and oil. I'm more interested in the future of our kids than that of Polar bears

edit : More Polar bears could be transported to Zoo's, that way they don't have to become extinct.

off topic slightly but there were reports a while back that People found Polar bears in Canada eating car parts and drinking car fluid and they seemed to be doing just fine. .
:
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

edit : More Polar bears could be transported to Zoo's, that way they don't have to become extinct.

off topic slightly but there were reports a while back that People found Polar bears in Canada eating car parts and drinking car fluid and they seemed to be doing just fine. .
:
Would you like to be locked in a zoo? Erm, if people consumed less, there wouldn't much of a need to destroy someone's else home. Would you like if someone destroyed your home?
Killed ur Mum
Rep:
?
Would you like to be locked in a zoo? Erm, if people consumed less, there wouldn't much of a need to destroy someone's else home. Would you like if someone destroyed your home?

I know it may not be terribly ideal but the Polar Bears that are currently in zoo's now are well looked after, fed and free from any predators. they are well cared fro and well looked after.

I said I feel bad for the Arctic and animals living there but we need GAS and Oil and if that means putting them at risk then so be it, Our kids need to grow up in a sustainable environment with access to Gas and Oil, I care much more about the next generation that are our children then some stupid useless Polar bears that do nothing for us other than look cute. Gas will benefit our children more than Bears
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know it may not be terribly ideal but the Polar Bears that are currently in zoo's now are well looked after, fed and free from any predators. they are well cared fro and well looked after.

I said I feel bad for the Arctic and animals living there but we need GAS and Oil and if that means putting them at risk then so be it, Our kids need to grow up in a sustainable environment with access to Gas and Oil, I care much more about the next generation that are our children then some stupid useless Polar bears that do nothing for us other than look cute. Gas will benefit our children more than Bears

People are useless too, they do nothing good but destroy everything around them. People should look for alternatives rather than going straight path.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (73)
30.17%
No (169)
69.83%

Watched Threads