The Student Room Group

£150-£180 on exam RETAKES! HELPPP!!

Hi everyone, im retaking 2 maths exams,( and taking Mechanics 1 to replace my statistics 1) one chemistry and one physics.

Altogether this would cost £150 - as its £30 FOR EACH EXAM :frown: :frown:... having gone to my exams officer she just told me that I may also need to pay to retake the chemistry AS coursework (another £30) hellppp!!!
What exactly do you want help with?
Reply 2
Original post by shopoholic
What exactly do you want help with?

what can i do is there any other way I can go about it?... is it normal to pay this much for each exam?
Is financial help not offered by your sixth form/college? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Changing Skies
Is financial help not offered by your sixth form/college? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think so, but it feels like i'm paying waay too much!
Reply 5
Original post by shopoholic
By the way OP, if you think you can afford these retakes, I strongly suggest you do them. If doing these will help you get accepted into your favorite uni then I think they are worth it. Since you are willing to take this step, I am guessing you care about education, it's probably the most important investment you will ever make. So I say go for it :smile:

i fully understand, ad I would have paid regardless but i just wanted to know what your opinions where on paying this much on retakes
Reply 6
That is quite expensive. Mine £15 for one paper.
You could ask for financial help. Or think through your choice. Is it sensible to do all of those plus exams this year? Id look through what I got and what I need and see if it's achievable without repeating a paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
sorry if i didn't make it clear everyone, but let me rephrase the queston;"is it normal to pay £30 for each exam retake?"
Reply 8
Original post by salaama
sorry if i didn't make it clear everyone, but let me rephrase the queston;"is it normal to pay £30 for each exam retake?"

It honestly depends on your board.
CCEA is £15 per paper.
You should check their website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
On average, exam retakes cost £15-£30 I would say. My maths retakes cost me something like 15.50 per (edexcel)

But coursework generally costs extra if you have the chance to do so. Also if your private student, costs go up significantly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by salaama
Hi everyone, im retaking 2 maths exams,( and taking Mechanics 1 to replace my statistics 1) one chemistry and one physics.

Altogether this would cost £150 - as its £30 FOR EACH EXAM :frown: :frown:... having gone to my exams officer she just told me that I may also need to pay to retake the chemistry AS coursework (another £30) hellppp!!!

Our school is also making us pay £30 for each resit. I was going to retake my coursework but decided to take a unit for chemistry as it's something i can get a grade guaranteed if i revise, if that makes sense. Look carefully at your UMS marks and work out which exam you really need to resit to bring up the grade. And also think about the exams you're going to have to take this year along with your resits. Maybe focusing for this years exam may not require you to resit last years exam? best of luck!
Reply 11
Original post by salaama
what can i do is there any other way I can go about it?... is it normal to pay this much for each exam?

Very expensive..........my college charged only charged the cost of the paper under £15........they seem to be trying to make some money off you.

Quick Reply

Latest