The Student Room Group

Mpharm in Cardiff or Mpharm in Manchester (UK)?

I'm really torn and don't know which one to choose. Manchester boasts on having a lot of hospital placements from the second year onwards but tuition fees are more expensive than Cardiff. Cardiff boasts world leading research and greater employment rate. I've heard somewhere that manchester's mpharm is overrated. I would really appreciate some perspective on this topic. Please........
Reply 1
What do you care about mostly? Reputation, student life, the course?? Depends on what aspect of pharmacy you think you might enter... I'm not sure which uni is better in which field, but you can research it.

Cardiff has a much better pharmacy course than Manchester, but Manchester as a better overall reputation. I also heard that Manchester mpharm is overrated and didn't really meet the students' expectations. You can compare the unis on UniStats.

Also depends on what you want to gain in terms of "student life".. Manchester is a very good student city and the nightlife is apparently great. Because it's a bigger city and the uni is better known internationally, there'd also be more diversity. Cardiff is quieter but not bad..

You should try to visit both unis if you can..
If you still can't decide, write a list of pros and cons or something comparing the unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending