GCSE experts, can I still pass my GCSEs?

Watch
anonest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My predicted grades are 1A, 4Bs and 3Cs. I just started revising yesterday (thursday) and my exams starts on the 13th of May. I will start going to a tuition center next week that will help me with struggling subjects. Is it still possible for me to get above a C in my GCSEs or even As and A*s?
TutorTrish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not impossible but you need to be disciplined and work hard. Lots of use of past papers will give you confidence in what to expect in the actual exam and allocate specific revision time and use it effectively.
Going to a tuition centre is a good start as they'll help you but you need to not waste time when you are there and make use of your teachers too!

It's always a confidence boost if you do get a better grade than the teacher predicted! Good luck to you
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anonest)
My predicted grades are 1A, 4Bs and 3Cs. I just started revising yesterday (thursday) and my exams starts on the 13th of May. I will start going to a tuition center next week that will help me with struggling subjects. Is it still possible for me to get above a C in my GCSEs or even As and A*s?
Yes. I didn't start revising until the Wednesday before (my exams started on a Monday). I think this is very early to begin revising.. Especially as you are doing 7 GCSEs.

You obviously want to do well though. I'm sure if you start revision now you will
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes. My very experienced teachers who taught over 20 years at my current school always say that your grades can be two grade above your predicted grades between mock exams and real ones.

Good luck! Mine is starting on 6th of May... Let's do it!
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anonest)
It's definitely possible. I didn't do any revision at all until the Easter holidays.
anonest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
Yes. My very experienced teachers who taught over 20 years at my current school always say that your grades can be two grade above your predicted grades between mock exams and real ones.

Good luck! Mine is starting on 6th of May... Let's do it!
That's what the lady at the tutorial center said as well. She said I can get at least an A with a predicted grade of B.
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Cs are possible to the night before, you're going to need to work a deal for those As though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (19)
19%
I'm not sure (2)
2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (28)
28%
I have already dropped out (3)
3%
I'm not a current university student (48)
48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise