nocoolusername
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently in year 12 studying maths, biology, chemistry and english. I am thinking of taking maths,biology and chemistry for A2 as well and pick AS physics next year. I like maths and i would like to do a maths related degree, a biochemistry related degree or a mechanics related degree. Specifically forces and motion. What uni courses can i do that are in london and close to london.

Posted from TSR Mobile
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's pretty vague. What sort of grades do you think you'll get? Grab a couple of prospectuses of unis you might be interested in and flick through, looking at the different courses they offer in the areas you're thinking about. See if you find the course descriptions for biochem related degrees more interesting than physics/engineering type degrees. Also look at which ones you will meet the subject requirements for (at some unis AS physics might not be enough to do a physics based degree but at others it might). This might give you more of a sense of what you want to do.

Alternatively think what job you want to do and then think about which degree will be best for that.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How about a variety of engineering eg mechanical or chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicsGirl97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Look at the prospectuses for London Universities, if that's where you'd like to be, and look through all their science and maths courses and see which ones have the most appeal and which are realistically in reach regarding grades.

One thing- I'm pretty sure for all (?) engineering courses you would need a full A-Level in physics, not just an AS. That's something you'd need to check. A good idea would be to mix more than one science together, do something like biochemistry or pharmacology.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Advice here about choosing A level subjects - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._your_subjects

Advice here about choosing a University subject - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...sing_a_subject

Also, just remember that going to University isnt compulsory. You don't have to go, and you don't have to go straight from school - lots of people don't. Ideas for other options here : https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchin...ticeships.aspx You could do any one of these, or take a year out to work/travel and go to Uni later - when you are more sure of what you want to do, and why.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads