The Student Room Group

Going back to uni

Hello!

I am am 23 and graduated in history at university of manchester in 2012. I've been working at boots part time and helped my dad with his business up until the start of 2014, but since then, I have been confronted daily with the question 'what am I doing with my life?'

I know a lot of people will get this, but it's just been non-stop and it really freaks me out! I don't know what to do at the minute other than my weekend job, and I'm finding myself getting pretty low and moody frequently.

ive thought about teaching quite seriously and have applied half-heartedly (I applied to late for man met uni for history pgce) but I'm just not sure I have the confidence or stomach for it now.

i am sure I want to do something that helps people, and have thought alit about counselling or psychotherapy as alternative career paths as I am fascinated by psychology.

However i am lacking the direction and confidence to make big decisions like this and wanted people's advice on whether this sounds good, routes into it, and if I am too old to do it now. Sorry for rambling, thanks for all your advice in advance! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending