numerical miracles Watch

Venomilys
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
in the quran:

What are the chances of the above occurring? The idea is that each verse and chapter was placed perfectly.

It's so strange that I think I might have missed a functional relationship between the chapter/verse number and the Sum of the odd/even numbers.

Yes, yes I hear you... mathematical 'miracles' can occur in any book. But what's special about this (too me at least) is that the chances of it occurring are so, so slim. So slim that I don't think you'd find such a relationship in any decently sized book.

I don't see any potential for a functional relationship between the opposite columns, I think it's entirely down to chance which to me is a numerical miracle. Please prove me wrong.
Venomilys
Rep:
?
here, I tried to show you what I mean by a functional relationship, I copied the table similarly to the table in the OP:

Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This has convinced me to convert.
Venomilys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Silver Arrows)
This has convinced me to convert.
I'm an atheist for the record, I do not want to convert you or anyone. I just find it interesting. Please don't post sarcastic comments in the thread, you're not funny
(no offense).
Liberalists
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't know about this.. Pretty interesting. Would be hard to argue it were a coincidence.
Venomilys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liberalists)
I didn't know about this.. Pretty interesting. Would be hard to argue it were a coincidence.
My point exactly. You'd need the stars to align for such an event to occur surely.
xMr_BrightSide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why is it necessary it a miracle? Just because something is unlikely doesn't mean it has divine origin - that's a huge leap in logic, one which needs supporting.

Confirmation bias, pure and simple. I could find thousands of instances of non-symmetrical verses/chapters whatever in the Quran, which have no pattern, and they are ignored because they are of little interest.

And why is this nonsense in Chat anyway?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (202)
18.74%
Labour (556)
51.58%
Liberal Democrats (145)
13.45%
Green Party (60)
5.57%
Brexit Party (15)
1.39%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.58%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)