Edexcel Or Cambridge for AS and A-Level

Watch
A.Hassani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am an international student who is currently doing his IGCSE this year. My school has given us the option paper for next year. However, our school changed to Cambridge instead of Edexcel. I am mostly going to pick Math, Chemistry and Biology. Which is better and in which one I can achieve A's, Edexcel or Cambridge?
C0balt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I asked similar question too in the A-level section but only one person answered me ;(
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2610585

I asked my teachers at my current school (we do CIE for both IGCSE/A-levels but I'm changing school since my school does not offer chemistry A-levels).
Teacher A who is the head of secondary and teaches maths/physics said: "They are the same, just different style"
Teacher B who is the co-ordinated science teacher (teaches three sciences at IGCSE) that studied Biochemistry mainly at University said: "They are the same, just different style (again)"
Teacher C who teaches History, Business Studies and a bit of Geography said: "I have a friend in another international school who is a history teacher and he told me that CIE History is harder than Edexcel History, and CIE is harder to achieve A than Edexcel so his school changed History to Edexcel. Business Studies seem to be the same but I don't know about other subjects because I don't teach them."

By looking at exam papers....I don't see much difference but that's because I'm still Year 11 and have not started A-levels yet. It is clear though, the style of questions is very different. In theory, there should be no difference in difficulty though. It wouldn't make sense if one was harder than the other but the qualification is same "A-levels"...if one was easier than the other then it would be unfair in university entrance. I don't think they would bother about which exam board you took...there are thousands of students applying and who got time to look at exam boards ._.
A.Hassani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Oh well thanks for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
44.22%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.36%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.3%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.89%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.75%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.48%

Watched Threads