The Student Room Group

Exam Anxiety&Stress! Help:(

Hey guys,as the title suggests I need help on dealing with exam anxiety and stress.I've realised I've got a serious problem when it comes to exams.I find myself thinking too hard and sometimes I walk out of the exam with a massive headache.I remember last year (AS year) half way though a chemistry exam ,I thought my brain had exploded
:|.something just felt weird.for the next 30mins I had the worst headache.Thank God I work backwards in exams.Do the hardest questions first working my way to the start of the paper.When I got home I had a nose bleed .No lie!!
Sometimes I find myself sweating and shaking and my mind goes blank then I overthink the question and that's when things start falling apart:frown:
Does anyone have any techniques /tips that can beat anxiety in exam situation?.I can't let this stress mess up my grades like that :'( :'( .I put in a lot of hours into my work and to see it all fall apart at the last minute is hurtful.It does hurt.I remember crying on results day because I got a grade lower than what I was predicted .I knew I had the knowledge but the nerves got the best of me.I've had a teacher say to me "You've got all this knowledge and understanding examiners look for but I don't know what happens to you in the exam".I envy people who are so relaxed in exams.I just panic and can't think straight :frown:
This never happened in gcse,it started last yr (AS level)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply