Preparing halogenoalkanes from an alcohol Watch

arkajyotig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
could someone please give the procedure for the haloalkane preparation from alcohol. do we actually use conc. sulphuric acid for the preparation of bromoalkanes and iodoalkanes as stated in ''Edexcel AS Chemistry students book'' page-221 unit 2 OR we use conc. phosphoric acid as using sulphuric acid would oxidise the halide ion to its halogen.
Also when do we heat the mixture and when do we cool it down during the preparation?
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by arkajyotig)
could someone please give the procedure for the haloalkane preparation from alcohol. do we actually use conc. sulphuric acid for the preparation of bromoalkanes and iodoalkanes as stated in ''Edexcel AS Chemistry students book'' page-221 unit 2 OR we use conc. phosphoric acid as using sulphuric acid would oxidise the halide ion to its halogen.
Also when do we heat the mixture and when do we cool it down during the preparation?
hehehe i dont help people

lol just gooogle it orko!
arkajyotig
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paras Agarwal)
hehehe i dont help people

lol just gooogle it orko!
stupid paras......i didnt ask for ur help. r u still sitting with ur ipad and hoshil is getting jealous? anyways howz life man?finding AS hard huh?
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by arkajyotig)
stupid paras......i didnt ask for ur help. r u still sitting with ur ipad and hoshil is getting jealous? anyways howz life man?finding AS hard huh?
hey man..great talking to u..lol u havent changed a bit man..! life is good.. AS is nice..i like it..physics is the killer though..

how are you finding AS?
arkajyotig
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paras Agarwal)
hey man..great talking to u..lol u havent changed a bit man..! life is good.. AS is nice..i like it..physics is the killer though..

how are you finding AS?
haha AS physics is killer.....unit 1 is so bad although i find unit much easier.......chem unit 2 is much worse-so many oxidation reactions lol. maths and english is easy though....prepared for the chem 3b paper on
7th? and anyways nice selfie...:cool:
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol ur an idiot!! I am all set for chem..its physics now!! you must have crammed full on ready now!! Lol where is your selfie. . Which units of maths u sitting?? And which exam boards?
arkajyotig
Rep:
?
hahaha.......i have crammed some stuffs in chem.....my selfie has gone for a holiday......i m doing 6units of maths-c1c2c3c4m1m2. im doing GCE maths, IAL chem and physics, CIEenglish and art.
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Eh so many exam boards! Anyway good luck bruh! Keep cramming
desslop
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dehydrate alcohol to form alkene and then react the alkene with a hydrogen halide to form halogeboalkane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed