The Student Room Group

Studying Further maths

I was just wondering whether anyone could give me any advice regarding further maths at A-level, and how much time it will take up. I am not a natural mathematician, but I did my IGCSE maths last year and got an A*, and am now studying an additional maths course. How hard is it to get an A in a-level further maths, and is it something you can get to by just working rather than natural ability + work???
Original post by cam5morrison
I was just wondering whether anyone could give me any advice regarding further maths at A-level, and how much time it will take up. I am not a natural mathematician, but I did my IGCSE maths last year and got an A*, and am now studying an additional maths course. How hard is it to get an A in a-level further maths, and is it something you can get to by just working rather than natural ability + work???

It's hard to judge.
If you've gotten an A* at IGCSE maths, you can at least make a good stab at it. When I did normal maths last year, there were tons of people who'd gotten As and A*s at GCSE who failed and there are people in my further maths class currently who do well and weren't in the highest set at GCSE!

Quick Reply

Latest